LS on football heaven

The thing is as I see it is that as soon as some posters see a Blade posting anything that could be construed as anti owl the shields go up and they go on the offense (it also applies the other way as well)

There are a couple of their posters on here that even if you had them on ignore and I only have 1 and I have not hiddenthe fact.

Even without reading the post you know they are having a dig and my hackles rise (and so do I to the bait)

If posters (and I include myself) stood back and took in FAIR criticism of their clubs without sniping and attacking posters perhaps there would not be as many removed

Unfortunately what you and I may take as FAIR criticism of their club they may not

Addition

I will also add that any chairman who uses the media as much as he does leaves himself (and unfortunately his club) open to ridicule if things don't go according to plan

Yes and I agree with everything you say however I honestly think when you give a fair appraisal of Strafford you have to concede that he has revolutinised the club and the business in a massively positive way when you compare it to the shambles it was when he arrived. Links with the local community are a fantastic acheivement albeit to make sure of our core support for years to come ...... Yes he uses an aggressive PR stance but dont you think that SWFC needed a major injection of something drastic to pull them out of the terrible hole they had dug for themselves.

By the way petty name calling ie strapped for cash does the posters on here a complete dis service and makes you opinions ridiculous before you even post .

Lets keep it sensible If were gonn have a debate guys I know from the other threads there are lots of decent Blades ( ouch that hurt to say that :_

I think you've completely missed the point, either that or you havnt looked into this enough to comment

Lee Strafford wants to find an investor - not someone to TAKEOVER the club. I'm sure we could have someone like a Ali Al-fahraj or Munto Finance takeover the club but i for one would be dead against it and would every other Wednesdayite out there (that includes LS)

Look at the state those clubs you've mentioned are in now:

have any of them progressed under their new ownership? no

are pompey and notts county in danger of not exisitng by the end of this season? yes

have they had owners there that dont want the club to proceed but just want to make a quick buck or increase their own personal porfolio? yes

do we want these people at Hillsborough? no

would you want these people at bramall lane? no

Lee Strafford is looking for someone to buy into his business plan and is not looking for a complete takeover. Sheffield Wednesday does not need a big investment to continue trading but does to develop and grow as a club which, when you look at other clubs around, isnt exactly a bad situation to be in

Do you seriously think that someone who puts the amount of money needed to keep you owls going would just be happy with a place on the board, I know I wouldn't. Wednesday need loads of cash to manage the debts and to buy some new players in. If I was putting in that amount of money I would want to be owning the club outright. Lee Strappedforcash's business plan has been there to see for a couple of years now and nobody has come close to taking him up on it

Do you seriously think that someone who puts the amount of money needed to keep you owls going would just be happy with a place on the board, I know I wouldn't. Wednesday need loads of cash to manage the debts and to buy some new players in. If I was putting in that amount of money I would want to be owning the club outright. Lee Strappedforcash's business plan has been there to see for a couple of years now and nobody has come close to taking him up on it

Its quite interesting you keep expanding the length of time he has been at the club ! however he said from the outset that Sheffield Wednesday as a brand / business are not loss making year on year so there was no need for an outright takeover , however investment into a business without taking it over is common place in business providing you can see a return . As an earlier poster said do we want A Glazer Hicks Pompeys owners et al really TAKING OVER swfc ..... I think not

how do you know?! club 9 are in still in talks about investing but the liklihood is they will wait to see what division we are in next season as that will affect the valuation of the club etc

some investors like being in the background and its not like they wouldnt hav a say in the running of the club

Its quite interesting you keep expanding the length of time he has been at the club ! however he said from the outset that Sheffield Wednesday as a brand / business are not loss making year on year so there was no need for an outright takeover , however investment into a business without taking it over is common place in business providing you can see a return . As an earlier poster said do we want A Glazer Hicks Pompeys owners et al really TAKING OVER swfc ..... I think not

But don't you think these supposed people he might have been talking too were not offered anything in return for the investment he wanted. After all he is just a figurehead, not a chairman, he has put no money into the Owls whatsoever and then he will be telling investors you can put millions into the club, I have put sweet f.a. in but i will still be chairman

Yes the investors definately want something in return no one invests without promise of repayment would you ? Oh and to clarrify he IS the Chairman and did say at the outset " I have no money to invest I sold Plusnet and netted 3.5 million of which I have purchased a house , the rest is to live off for the rest of our lives If need be " . He isnt putting money in but that doesnt mean no-one will invest does it ?

how do you know?! club 9 are in still in talks about investing but the liklihood is they will wait to see what division we are in next season as that will affect the valuation of the club etc

some investors like being in the background and its not like they wouldnt hav a say in the running of the club

How can you be so sure that club 9 are still in the running though, my mates a true wendy and he says otherwise

Yes the investors definately want something in return no one invests without promise of repayment would you ? Oh and to clarrify he IS the Chairman and did say at the outset " I have no money to invest I sold Plusnet and netted 3.5 million of which I have purchased a house , the rest is to live off for the rest of our lives If need be " . He isnt putting money in but that doesnt mean no-one will invest does it ?

Why woulod you let him be chairman though when there are directors there who have put money into the club and are more deserving of the title chairman

Yes and I agree with everything you say however I honestly think when you give a fair appraisal of Strafford you have to concede that he has revolutinised the club and the business in a massively positive way when you compare it to the shambles it was when he arrived. Links with the local community are a fantastic acheivement albeit to make sure of our core support for years to come ...... Yes he uses an aggressive PR stance but dont you think that SWFC needed a major injection of something drastic to pull them out of the terrible hole they had dug for themselves.

By the way petty name calling ie strapped for cash does the posters on here a complete dis service and makes you opinions ridiculous before you even post .

Lets keep it sensible If were gonn have a debate guys I know from the other threads there are lots of decent Blades ( ouch that hurt to say that :_

Sheff I agree but what has he really done that anyone else couldn't have done even you or me

All he has done is listen to himself and done what he would like to change

He has called fellow blades some older and maybe wiser than him idiots and trouble causes on owlstalk / facebook (exact words used may be wrong but I can't be bothered to look back on the forum) who disagree with what he says

Is that the way a chairman should or would you want to act?

As a Blade I personally would be appalled and completely embarrassed if someone on our board came on any forum calling people 'dude' ect

The comments he came out with a couple (or 3)weeks ago about someone leaking things about an investment if some one on the board leaked it they want removing if someone not on the board did it where did they get the info from someone on the board that's where

You are more upfront than ever but he needs to keep a bit stumm

As for the names the fans both lots do it and I personally don't have a problem as long as it isn't pigs

Now this is where I have to tread carefully ... lets just say there is a difference between Directors and share holders and either of these bodies can insert a Chairman who has a viable and sustainable plan for growth and let them run the business which is what is happening now . There are many stay at home Company directors and owners who have people employed to run there businesses for them are there not ? As for deserving ? well in my humble opinion the current directors have shown by there actions in the last 10 years how much they " deserve "

How can you be so sure that club 9 are still in the running though, my mates a true wendy and he says otherwise

as of 26/02/10 club 9 were in talks with the co-op to further discuss their potential invesment

Sheff I agree but what has he really done that anyone else couldn't have done even you or me

All he has done is listen to himself and done what he would like to change

He has called fellow blades some older and maybe wiser than him idiots and trouble causes on owlstalk / facebook (exact words used may be wrong but I can't be bothered to look back on the forum) who disagree with what he says

Is that the way a chairman should or would you want to act?

As a Blade I personally would be appalled and completely embarrassed if someone on our board came on any forum calling people 'dude' ect

The comments he came out with a couple (or 3)weeks ago about someone leaking things about an investment if some one on the board leaked it they want removing if someone not on the board did it where did they get the info from someone on the board that's where

You are more upfront than ever but he needs to keep a bit stumm

As for the names the fans both lots do it and I personally don't have a problem as long as it isn't pigs

To a degree he has seen what needed fixing and tried to fix it and in hindsight yes we can all say well I could have done that but did any of us put a recovery business plan forward for SWFC and approach the board and say thats what needs doing now let me go and do it ? No we didnt but he did ..... furthermore hes doing it for nothing !

" Dude " I dont have a problem with but his handling of complaints from fans I have taken issue with him personally about and I agree its not acceptable, but you cant knock his passion !