How do couples who seperate cope..

......without seeing their child/children on a day to day basis.

If I had a spare half hour, I could begin to tell you. The 'best interests of the children' often get lost in the needs of the parent(s) to get at each other. The courts don't help either.

I don't know, but I take some comfort in knowing that being single has its compensations.

I,ll pass on my ex husbands phone number for you to ask him, he seems to manage just fine, months at a time :rant:

How do you think we cope? Not very well in my case. Every day is just another day of not seeing their happy faces, listening to them laughing and sometimes crying, holding them, hugging them, chasing around the room after them, knowing they are there so you can watch them sleeping, playing games, reading to them, and so much more.

Just how do you think we cope having a huge chunk of ourselves no longer always there in our lives? Always waking up in the morning knowing that you will miss them growing up another day?

And how do you think they cope knowing that either mummy or daddy will not be there for them to do all those things?

when me and my kids dad split up for a brief time a couple of years ago we kept it all very amicable for our child (we only had the one then) and id say my son and his dad saw each other everyday or every other day at least. i never left his dad out on anything to do with him every decision we discussed together we even spent a couple of christmas's together (i stayed at his dads xmas eve and day) as it was a day for him and no one else and we knew hed want us both there with him.

and yeah the first few weeks were difficult for us both but we managed by my mum or his mum fetching him to his dads and bringing him home so we didnt have to see each other much at first but then we got ourselves together for the sake of our son.

but i know that sadly not all break ups can be soo amicable. :(

It would push me over the edge. I cant understand some of these folk on that jerry kyle program where they seem to do everything to get out of having the kids.

I guess that you would just make the most of the time you would have with them and make it count.

It's very difficult to come to terms with, but in time you do get to grips with it. Life goes on and eventually it becomes the norm.

It's very difficult to come to terms with, but in time you do get to grips with it. Life goes on and eventually it becomes the norm.

Exactly.:)

How do you think we cope? Not very well in my case. Every day is just another day of not seeing their happy faces, listening to them laughing and sometimes crying, holding them, hugging them, chasing around the room after them, knowing they are there so you can watch them sleeping, playing games, reading to them, and so much more.

Just how do you think we cope having a huge chunk of ourselves no longer always there in our lives? Always waking up in the morning knowing that you will miss them growing up another day?

And how do you think they cope knowing that either mummy or daddy will not be there for them to do all those things?..................

And isn't that the worst bit of it all. If a relationship breaks down and both parties are agreed that they need to split, then I suppose its reasonable that the children would be the main consideration. But if the split isn't amicable, or if one or other parent is spiteful and childish, then the children must suffer.

I,ll pass on my ex husbands phone number for you to ask him, he seems to manage just fine, months at a time :rant:

Mine too...