Chocadores - Eccy Road

swissheavy

Hi all,

Just a post on this place on Eccy Road. Very good chocolates, premium prices, but these aren't your average Milk Tray stuff. They also do a range of hot drinks and have a sit in area. Reccommended!

It was also my first visit to the area off Eccy Road, Sharrowvale? Lots of neat little shops. Very nice place to be on a sunny Saturday!

I love this place! The 2 ladies that run it are great and remind me in a funny (in a nice way) way of the 2 chaps who sell suits on the fast show with their double act way of selling their wonderful chocolate to you. Yum chocs suit you sir! The drinking chocolate they sell for you to take away is the best I have had bar Madrid where you get the doughnut strips to dunk in their gloopy stuff!

I love this place! The 2 ladies that run it are great and remind me in a funny (in a nice way) way of the 2 chaps who sell suits on the fast show with their double act way of selling their wonderful chocolate to you. Yum chocs suit you sir! The drinking chocolate they sell for you to take away is the best I have had bar Madrid where you get the doughnut strips to dunk in their gloopy stuff!

I have been to that place in Madrid. It's amazing!

Does Chocodore do choc-tasting evenings, too? I am gutted as I was trying to arrange a choc-tasting evening for my mum's birthday this week at Cocoa, but they are not running them this month.

Dont think they do evenings, their web site is http://www.chocadores.co.uk/

I did ask them in the shop if they could do the dipping choc like Madrid and they said if they could hold of some way to do the doughnuts they would! Any one on here any ideas????

I could just eat / drink some of it now. Another place I had nice hot chocolate was at a Tenerife FC football game where they didnt drink beer, just gloopy hot chocolate.

Gonna make a hot chocolate now!

Is this the one opposite the polish club? If it is, we went in there in the summer. I thought it was a miserable place. It was chilly and echoey and the hot drinks weren't very good imo. Too expensive for what was on offer.

I'd go to Cocoa or Fancie if I was treating anyone in future. Although they're a bit small tbh. Cocoa reminds me of being in someone's living room :D

As a confirmed chocoholic, we've been to Chocadores a few times now. It makes a refreshing change to go into a chocolate shop that really knows their stuff!! they have some of the world best chocolate makers in there, which is amazing.

We'd never heard of the Academy of Chocolate awards, which is the highest awards handed to Chocolate makers!! and as for choice they have a far better & bigger choice than Cocoa down the road. The fresh chocolates are to die for......my misses says that we're becoming Chocadorers!! what ever that means.....

I would say to Natjack who went in when they first opened late last summer, try them again, they do change things, & we're told they're moving over to more gourmet coffee etc in the next few weeks!!! and more exclusive chocolate makers are joining them....it certainly keeps us on our toes!!