Owls all time 11 of my lifetime.

speedy69

How would you know Snook, you were not even born :huh:

I can tell you now the united side of 70-71 or 71-72 would have got mullered by the Wednesday side of the early 90s and anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluded And yes I did see both sides play :thumbsup:

My point remains the same for your post as well as CB's, it isn't possible to tell. You can't take two teams from different times and say which was better. You will never know so it is a stupid argument.

Scotland beat England the game after the 66 world cup final, did that make them World champions?

No....................................It means they beat the world champions.

As for the Blades it means they did the double over a team that finnished 3rd in the league. That teams best position in the 90's you mention.

Same question for you again.

Was your 1991-1992 team better or worse than your 1990-1991 team?

No....................................It means they beat the world champions.

As for the Blades it means they did the double over a team that finnished 3rd in the league. That teams best position in the 90's you mention.

Same question for you again.

Was your 1991-1992 team better or worse than your 1990-1991 team?

Better, and your point?

Palmer would have ripped Currie a new ass mate, no shame in that though, he did the same to most tallented midfielders back then:hihi::hihi:

Now you are just being silly unless you know something about Palmer we dont and not talking about football here :help:

Even the most blinkered owls on here who saw Currie play and know something about the game of football know Currie was a brilliant player.

Now you are just being silly unless you know something about Palmer we dont and not talking about football here :help:

Even the most blinkered owls on here who saw Currie play and know something about the game of football know Currie was a brilliant player.

I saw Currie play and you're right he was superbly talented. But I think the point being made is that somebody like Palmer wouldn't have allowed Currie any room or space, and you have to admit that Currie only looked good when he'd got time and a few yards around him. I'd always have somebody like Palmer in my team. From United's point of view Trevor Hockey was similar in style, but far removed in appearance to Carlton.

I saw Currie play and you're right he was superbly talented. But I think the point being made is that somebody like Palmer wouldn't have allowed Currie any room or space,

sorry mate but a dick like palmer would'nt have been able to dictate how currie played. currie made clever players look stupid imagine a stupid player against him :hihi::hihi: