Are Leeds United Yorkshire's number one team?

Nodens

Give credit where it is due, that was a magnificant performance by Leeds at OT on Sunday.

Added to the Rugby team's successes there, it must be their favourite ground by now!

It would appear they "bottomed out" at Histon last year.

That certainly was the bottoming out, as it was shortly after that that McAllister was sacked and Grayson brought in.

A cursory look at Leeds' attendances this season reveals that the FA Cup replay against Kettering Town in round 2 attracted a measly 10,760 fans to Elland Road and that a cup tie earlier in the season vs Darlington could only interest 8,429 fans.

When you consider that the away support for these games would have numbered over a thousand, that means Leeds' hardcore support is less than 10,000 fans, considerably less than the average attendance at both Bradford and Huddersfield. For a one club city with a population of over 700,000 people, that's pretty pathetic, wouldn't you say?

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/Fixtures

Ahhh the old crowd chestnut again......

Interesting point's......The Kettering home crowd (A midweek fixture against a non-league team who we were expected to stuff easily) was admittedly a poor tun out....even tho prices had ben reduced to £15.00 a ticket AND the possible visit to 'scum' in the next round.

As for the Darlington at home crowd...this was in the Johnstone Paint Trophey so i think nearly 9k for this is good turnout.

Normal matchday prices at Elland Road are courtesy of en Bates and are one of THE most expensive in the whole of England never mind league 1.

A little story about Ken Bates.........when he took over at Leeds my season ticket for the west stand blocb B was £330.00.

When my renewal form dropped through my letterbox for the following season.........the price was a staggering £640.00 for the same seat !!......(cheers Ken).

To even have a sniff of buying a ticket you must 1st become a club member at a cost of £30.00.

Matchday tickets vary between £27.00 and £32.00 .....Bates has A B and C Categories for games but it's laughable how Yeovil or Gillingham at home can be classed as 'CAT A' :)

Now Bradford sold season tickets for less than £100.00 at the start of the season......(thats how it should be)....and are getting decent crowds for once..........Huddersfield had a similar scheme i believe.

If anything needs a slating then it's Wednesday closing their Kop for an FA CUP game......and getting 8,000 !!

Sheff United had a 4,000 crowd the other season V Stockport in the cup and also are laughably famous around Yorkshire for taking just 96 fans to a game at Plymouth a few years ago.

Leeds will keep selling out wherever we go ........Elland Road is'nt the place it once was.....

Atmosphere is terrible due to pricing,over zelous stewarding (you only have to fart and you risk a 3 year ban)....and a chairman who lives that far up his own arse he can tickle his back teeth.

Some surprising crowds in the fa cup though last week.........football's a dear do' nowdays...........paying through the nose for extra cup games is a step too far for most people........but you can guarantee they'll be back for the later rounds.

we're all fickle !!

Ahhh the old crowd chestnut again......

Interesting point's......The Kettering home crowd (A midweek fixture against a non-league team who we were expected to stuff easily) was admittedly a poor tun out....even tho prices had ben reduced to £15.00 a ticket AND the possible visit to 'scum' in the next round.

£15? Maybe in a cheap corner of the kop. My east stand lower tickets were £30! (for no leg room at all, it's agonising, never sit there)

I miss the east upper, same cheap price as the end stands but with an awesome view. East lower/west are too expensive, north/south have rubbish views.

£15? Maybe in a cheap corner of the kop. My east stand lower tickets were £30! (for no leg room at all, it's agonising, never sit there)

I miss the east upper, same cheap price as the end stands but with an awesome view. East lower/west are too expensive, north/south have rubbish views.

How can it be too expensive to watch an old division three game?

Oh dear - one week they are pulling out the stops to beat Man U, the next week they lose to Exeter :hihi:

Predictable. I've been a Leeds fan long enough to know if there's one thing we excel at it's bottling it. The number of times over the years we've been top at Christmas and failed to win or got to a cup final and lost is unmatched. We'll finish 3rd or 4th and go out in the playoffs, just like we always do.