The York pub, Broomhill - now closed - what is going to happen to it?

colleen

Oooh sounds very interesting. I'm sorry for all the folk who'll lose their real ale fix in Broom Hill (is there anywhere else?) but I love the sound of a late night cafe bar with the option of good snacks and food. (whoever it was who said this is what The Place could/should be, I agree with 100%)

It'll be nice to have somewhere to go and hang out of an evening rather than a pubby pub. I always wish Cream was open a bit later but this sounds like it'll do the trick nicely...especially if I want to make my coffee irish :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any more news on this then? There was something in the Telegraph about them asking for suggestions of what people want. I suggest we write them all on here and direct them to the thread.

As they own the Old House I think something like that would be very nice, but with more seating and one or two more cask ales.

There's a poster in Walkley advertising the reopening of The York. I didn't have enough time while wandering past to note many details.

My mate says it's open now. Will try to drop in over the weekend. Hope it still sells Stones!