The York pub, Broomhill - now closed - what is going to happen to it?

colleen

went last night. was fab. had lovely cauliflower fritter to start and smoked sausage for mains and a lovely bottle of wine, great service, really attentive. was packed out with students, felt a bit old! not sure about the crisps they serve with the mains, but will defo be back.

Called in last weekend for a drink and was really impressed at what they have done. The place was packed. Only criticism was that the bar is fairly small and it took about 10 minutes to get served (although we did then notice that they do table service).

Would like to try their food but would probably not try to eat there on a fri/sat night as expect it gets packed out.

Called in last weekend for a drink and was really impressed at what they have done. The place was packed. Only criticism was that the bar is fairly small and it took about 10 minutes to get served (although we did then notice that they do table service).

Popped back a couple of times and still love it. Really good atmosphere whether it's the daytime, weekends and week nights.

I'd agree with the above comment about bar/table service tho. It's kind of neither one thing or the other at the moment so can be a bit confusing. There was definitely a point where there were four staff at the bar but only one was serving the half dozen customers actually queuing at the bar while the other three were fixing drinks for tables eating so there was a bit of confusion and grumbling from some of the bar customers.

But heck with it, queuing at the bar sucks in most places - why can't they just have those food and drink replicators off star trek at every table :hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

Popped in last night. A very nice place indeed now I think. Just what we needed.

I had a very good pint of Farmer's Blonde and even managed to get a seat. It was absolutely packed though, so I won't rush back on busy nights as it's a bit of a scrum trying to get served and there are not that many seats if you're not eating.