Who Smokes, then?

Do you smoke?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes, every day
    • Yes, when I'm out or occassionally if I'm stressed!
    • No, not at all

Being a lifeling non-smoker, and having grown up in a similar environment, I take a dim view of tobacco users. While I sympathise with those who try to give up, this is overtaken by my loathing for those nicotine addicts who'll be found puffing away in a bus stop during a minor drizzle, forcing non-smokers to wait further down the road. I take a similar view of 'parents' who smoke in front of their children

What, please, is the point of smoking?

To those pro-smoking fascists who bleat about their right to smoke in public, to you I ask what about the right of your fellow humans to breathe clean air, which surely came first.

And to those who smoke to look cool , or as a form of rebellion, I ask you is anything more conformist than paying thousands of pounds a year to a tobacco company and the government?

(Some of my colleagues smoke; ironically, the ones who are anti-war / vegetarians - let's hope they read this, I do care)

Es todo el muy confuso

I am not 100% sure why I smoke? I have a fairly addictive nature and it seems if I manage to get more than a pint down my neck the craving starts for me - until then the smell of cig smoke irritates me as much as the rest.

Personally I hate the stupidity of it all. How people can think it is healthy is beyond me and the law suits brought in by dimwitted yanks have me in fits when one of our Kings tried to ban the stuff in the 17th century!!!

However there are many things that are addictive and can kill. A simple case of choose your vice.

As for smoking in front of the kids?? You are lining yourself up in the firing line there are you not???

Moon

Nope, I don't smoke....Never have done ~ Never will!!!

Its disgusting, smelly, so unsexy and expensive!!!! It makes me wonder why people actually smoke when there's so many reasons not to!

....and don't give me that "I get stressed" rubbish.....I do too! and shopping mends that! :P

Originally posted by Moon Maiden

However there are many things that are addictive and can kill. A simple case of choose your vice.

So...people try them because...they are there?

I'm a rollie girl.

Used to smoke ready-rolled but changed to rollies for money reasons and now I prefer them.

As for what's the point - well there isn't really one but it's enjoyable and also I'm addicted!

I'll probably give up one day. Just not now.

Archived