Misleading price tickets in Morrisons

Have you noticed the "scam" in Morrisons where you see items priced up on the shelf & when you look carefully the price is for a different item or size and the first time you notice is when you arrive home and check the receipt. A few of us were chatting yesterday in the store and believe it is a management scam and many of the older generation are being ripped off. Always check when you see "offers".

I have had very bad experiences of this at Morisons. On one instance they had a stand of special offer whisky almost by the checkouts. The offer was for Glen Morangie Single Malt Special Reserve Port Cask Matured Whisky at a fantastic price of around £18 per bottle.

I took a bottle and only realised I was being charged around £25 because I was only buying a very few other items.

It turned out that every single bottle on the display was Glen Morangie Single Malt Special Reserve Sherry Cask Matured Whisky, which of course wasn't on offer. Indeed there was no Glen Morangie Single Malt Special Reserve Port Cask Matured Whisky in the store.

I just wonder how many people were caught out by this as the 2 bottles are absolutely identical except for one word in small print.

I think Morrisons are the worst (or the best) at scamming. I used to be caught out many a time until the penny finally dropped to check labels etc carefully. I don't trust the round display baskets, you see the 'offers sign' then find other items/brands are there.

Another misleading ploy is to have a ticket stating in large print: HALF PRICE REDUCED FROM £5 TO £2.50. and in small print: per kilo.

So you think (but you're not thinking) you're getting something for £2.50 when the actual cost is much higher

M and S and Tesco do this, especially for meat and poultry.

its not just miss leading its a con

Actually it's neither. The offer listed on the card, is the offer available. If the buyer doesn't bother to make sure he's getting what is listed on the card, that is not the fault of the store.

Actually it's neither. The offer listed on the card, is the offer available. If the buyer doesn't bother to make sure he's getting what is listed on the card, that is not the fault of the store.

There is no doubt that the price ticket is correct, but its always against different, although very similar, goods. This is misleading....

Jayne

If you buy something from Asda and it comes up at the wrong price, if you take it to the customer services they refund you the money and give a gift card with £2 on it.

Thought they had stopped that at Asda, last time it happened to me I didn't get one.

Stop for two minutes after you've paid and moved from the tills, and check your reciept thoroughly, everytime i've shopped in Morrisons they have charged my wrongly for something.

It's buyer beware, as always.

We've been overcharged at Morrisons @ Halfway on numerous occasions. If it were up to me, I wouldn't shop there but Mrs Sierraman likes to go for the basics. And by the way Morrisons, your bread is cr*p.

Last week I got charged for 44 cans of sardines (£18.48) instead of 4. There was a small discount for buying 4 and I was refunded the full amount yesterday, so came out £1.98 ahead.

I then went in to shop and there was Napolina 500ml Olive Oil with a ticket saying £1 today only. I bought 4 and was charged £1.69. Phoned the store who denied any knowledge and said the offer was £1.69 until Sunday. I'll start taking a camera, especially as yesterday they had an offer for Haggis which was for a pack size double the weight of what was actually available. I pointed this out to the girl on the phone, who sounded unconcerned. To cap it all 5 items were charged for when 4 were bought.

i bought two items for fiver but was charged full price for them both (£5.98) didnt realise till i was home i was furious because i've bought the same things for months i know i'll get the difference no probs but this branch (hillsborough) are notorious for this sort of rip-off the manager should be held to account!

Edited by VAN ZANDT
spelling

Have you noticed the "scam" in Morrisons where you see items priced up on the shelf & when you look carefully the price is for a different item or size and the first time you notice is when you arrive home and check the receipt. A few of us were chatting yesterday in the store and believe it is a management scam and many of the older generation are being ripped off. Always check when you see "offers".

Just to let you know they are still at it!!I have made a formal complaint

due to the number of times it has happened and stopped going unless we

have to.Dont have same problem with the others!

IMO, few of the older people are being ripped off. Most of them can not only read what's written on the product and what's written on the label but are quite capable of checking the prices.

Could the fault lie (at least in part) with lazy young people who can't be bothered to stock the shelves properly?