To the ignorant man in Asda car park

asda chapeltown back at the start of the summer - 3 members of staff and a few other people in their car park waited for the owners of the SCAFFOLD LORRY to come back to the THREE disabled/parent child bays it had parked on /over/across. they went home with more than a flea in their ear. good on that asda.

i beleive you can look at the baywatch campaign about bay misuse.blue badge misuse.

xgx

I'm not being funny but if your kid is able to walk around Asda then why are you complaining about the extra 10 second walk from a more distant car parking space?

Same goes to anyone with a disabled badge, if you're healthy enough to be strolling around Asda all day don't complain because you can't park in the very nearest spot.

you ever tried getting a child in a pavlik hip brace / harness (look it up if you dont know what it is) or on oxygen out of any door let alone a car door in a normal space? you need to do your shopping, your child needs to get out the house so you got to the shops like every other family does in this country.

yet if you park across two spaces to ensure you can get your child out without braking their legs or scraping another car, you come back and find your car scratched in revenge for simply parking oin normal sized spaces or two

its a no win situation. attitudes to disability and that only visible disabilities connected to walking are valid for a disabled car badge are realy outdated. look at direct.gov and read the criteria for blue badges. yes blue badge spaces are a total priviledge and rules differ on private land / some care parks and not everyone is entitled to them

try learning about the social model of disability and how society creates the problems for getting out and about when you or your child has a disability. its an eye opener, learn about it

I was just looking at the title of this thread and wondered if anyone ever saw titles like that and thought "ooh I wonder if they are talking about me" :hihi:

(I knew you weren't talking about me 'cus I'm not a man ;) )

I was just looking at the title of this thread and wondered if anyone ever saw titles like that and thought "ooh I wonder if they are talking about me" :hihi:

This one relies on (a) the person reading Sheffield Forum, (b) realising the OP is going on about something from several days ago, © them reading the thread, (d) them realising the OP is writing about them and (e) them giving a damn.

Exceedingly unlikely. And the OP has already had words and discovered he doesn't care! What does this thread add?

These "to the xyz" rants are getting more trivial and dull by the day.

You know, technically, im disabled and have been for 15 years.....

Yet not once have I complained about people parking in disabled spaces, what benefits I could get etc etc......or "claimed" for the above..

Grow up, get a life and support yourselves and your families you workshy scrounging gits......