The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Clik32

I'm sorry but it does them good, and since when did kids not like going out in the snow? Just walked up to Nether Green school through the snow and my daughter loved it. School was open every day last week too.

I Remember when I was at All Saints everyone had a huge snowball fight and they had to close the school due to health and safety:loopy:

I'm sorry but it does them good, and since when did kids not like going out in the snow? Just walked up to Nether Green school through the snow and my daughter loved it. School was open every day last week too.

Yes, kids love going out in the snow but not getting up early and sitting around in a classroom doing nothing until they're sent home. It's as bad today as the day my son's school was closed so I am expecting a text any minute. It is quite heavy now in S10, looks nice though.

There was a definite thaw ongoing last night here on Stradbroke, but it's been snowing steadily since about midnight or so. New coverage everywhere but it's not that deep. Flake size is very small, but persistent.

Got an appointment in the centre of town today, so glad to hear the main drags are passable. Just gonna take it steady as I drive in.

Yes, kids love going out in the snow but not getting up early and sitting around in a classroom doing nothing until they're sent home. It's as bad today as the day my son's school was closed so I am expecting a text any minute. It is quite heavy now in S10, looks nice though.

Why would they be sitting around doing nothing? and as for getting up early:loopy: words fail me sorry :rolleyes:

Sheffield had a grit delivery this morning apparently. To Olive Grove depot.
sheffield had several hundred ton of grit delivered yesterday & will continue to recieve more, 12.000 ton should have gone to germany but the government stepped in & now its being shared with bradford & east yorkshire councils aswel

i know i ploughed it and gritted it about 5 this morning :thumbsup:

Thank you gritter1960, we knew you'd been down Ringinglow Road, you're a star.

OH set off down Ringinlow Road about 7:15 a.m. today and arrived in Stockton-on-Tees about 9:30,conditions improve as you travel further north, they now have rain whereas we have snow.

Any chance of you chucking some grit on Folkwood Grove (just off Ringinglow Road) gritter1960 is there? I've seen a couple of cars stuck on there this morning.