Should i go see my real dad?

Yea true, but her side of things arnt exactly pleasant so I doubt when she is writing her story and not knowing taht I have seen it she owuld lie about anything. Plus my mum mentioned he went to meet my mum and brother my brother asked to go out with him that night he did and then he didnt even bother to contact him after that so shows he aint bothered so to be honest I DONT wanna waist my time. He also said he wasnt ready to meet me yet ..

Yes sorry thats what i meant,being on the other side as

the father in a similar situation,i met my children and was

amazed at the things i had done in the time i was there,but

i found after 20yrs although they found me they could not accept that some things

were not as they were told,i have been happily married for 45yrs i cant be that bad.

go for it love i had never seen my dad in 22 years he left when i was about 3-4 months aswell and my mum told me all sorts about him but when i turned 18 i thought it was about time to stop listening to my mum and find out for myself begining of this year i posted an advert on here looking for my dad luckily one of his friends got in contact with him and gave him my number and we have been in contact ever since and i also found out i have got other step brothers and sisters and now my mum is pleased that we have been reunited so i know what u are going through dont waste time and just go for it what have u got to lose if you want talk just pm and good luck

You're 21 so old enough to be able to handle most situations that may arise. I was separated from each of my divorced parents for many years. Too personal and complicated a story to share on here. I did make contact with each of them and was able to comfort my dad before he passed away. My mum is in a nursing home, but last year when I found her and for just a brief time she recognized me it was the highlight of my trip. I'm her only family contact. Whatever happened in the past is done. So, my message to you is to contact your dad with an open mind, be prepared for the unprepared, remembering that what may have happened in the past is not your fault. But you have more to gain by trying than taking the road of least resistance. Someone mentioned taking a friend along with you. Might help as a cushion on the first encounter. All the best to you, mate.

• 1 year later...
hmmmm

I am a little uncertain what to do, my mum and dad split when i was only 4 months old or sumthing so I dont know my real dad. He hasnt become in contact with me and I have heard bad reports on what he did.

However my mum has recently told me where he is working which is 5 mins from where we live!! Now I dont know what to do... i dont want to betray my mum by going to see him but at the same time i am curious to see what he looks like.

any advice ??

Don,t hesitate love go and see your dad if you do not you will spend your whole life regretting it.I personally was adopted by the most wonderful couple who ever lived but after they died i had an unbelievable urge to find my real mom and dad i succeeded in succesfully meeting my real mom but my dad had died when i was eleven so i then started to try and obtain a photo of him i even tried on Sheffield forum but to no avail;

His family who are called Sherwood would not reply to me or Even acknowledge that i exist .All i ever wanted was a photo so as i could show my own family what my dad looked like and almost every week i wonder will this be the week but now realise i will never get a photo.

Any way love go and see him don,t let any one put you off do it now i can promise you that whether the meeting is successful or not you will not regret it because he is part of you.

MAZ B

You must go and see him whatever has happened in the past is history and cannot be changed.

We are all only on this earth once and you will be doing the right thing seeing him.

If you don't and he passes on you will always regret it and it will be on your mind.

If you do not get a good meet well then you know where you stand but it's obviously on your mind and no one even your mother can stop you, it is your birthright.

Take my advice, Do not prevaricate, the right thing and go.

I wish you all the best. Popt

hmmmm

I am a little uncertain what to do, my mum and dad split when i was only 4 months old or sumthing so I dont know my real dad. He hasnt become in contact with me and I have heard bad reports on what he did.

However my mum has recently told me where he is working which is 5 mins from where we live!! Now I dont know what to do... i dont want to betray my mum by going to see him but at the same time i am curious to see what he looks like.

any advice ??

What you decide is up to you not to a lot of strangers on here who don't have a clue about your problem.:huh: