Should i go see my real dad?

Sorry thought this was a new thread ill get mi coat!

Hey thanks for all thhe advice people , i did post the thread some time ago but only just seen the replies, i havent actually met with him but i think he knows ive been curious to meet him from certain people contacting him. The ball is in his court now so its up to him to decide , obv if i dont hear from him then he isnt worth knowing :) x

MAZ B

It is only my personal opinion but I think you are wrong in thinking the, 'Ball is in his Court'.

This is 'Stinking Thinking', it is your own mind and it's memory you will be living with for the rest of your life and it may be to your regret.

Take my advice and do the right thing and put your concsience at rest by going to see him.

If if goes right, then you will feel good and if it goes badly then at least your conscience will always be clear and remind you that you did your best.

Believe me this will not go away, this is an old man telling you and I am speaking from experience.

All the Best, PopT

MAZ B

It is only my personal opinion but I think you are wrong in thinking the, 'Ball is in his Court'.

This is 'Stinking Thinking', it is your own mind and it's memory you will be living with for the rest of your life and it may be to your regret.

Take my advice and do the right thing and put your concsience at rest by going to see him.

If if goes right, then you will feel good and if it goes badly then at least your conscience will always be clear and remind you that you did your best.

Believe me this will not go away, this is an old man telling you and I am speaking from experience.

All the Best, PopT

Spot on Pop.

You can't be 100% sure that he knows by the sound of it.........so...the first thing you should do, is to write him a short note and get someone un-connected to hand deliver it. Say that you are interested in meeting up with him. Tell him that you are coming to the table with no expectations and he should have none either but you don't want to go through life at least not having tried.

Leave some contact details and then the ball really is in his court.

my dad left myself, and my sister and brother when I was 4 (ish) I am now 50. I know he only visited a couple of times after that. he met and remarried another woman with children of her own and we never heard from him again. My mum then remarried and my 'step' dad brought us up as his own and we went on to have a beautiful sister. We lived in the house my biological father knew for the next 20 years and he never made any contact. As far as I am concerned, he may have fathered me but he wasn't my dad, my dad was the wonderful man who met and married my mum and looked after all of us for years and years. Like they say - anyone can father a child but it takes someone special to be a dad!