Rant, Rave and Moan about anything you want!!

I hate the way the word 'absolutely' has replaced the word 'yes' in the English language IT REALLY GRATES ON MY NERVES. Especially when in answer to a question where a simple "yes" would suffice, how many times do we get "Oh absolutely!" Some speakers seem to drop the word into every sentence . . abolutely this and absolutely that . . IT IS SO ANNOYING.

Of course, its a sign of insecurity, people want to be heard, they want their point to be drilled home, so they use this word as an expletive. "Yes" is just a small word its not big enough for them. "Absolutely" is a much grander word with 4 syllables, more suited to their over-inflated egos. And it's not confined to English phone-in football fans, it is doctors, politicians, athletes, TV personalities, African statesmen, financial commentators, clergymen . . .

The epidemic is global, it has spread faster then swine flu, is more lethal than ebola, has more victims than diarrhoea. This vile curse, however, occurs mainly in verbal communication, happy to say the forum is largely unaffected.

Please keep it that way.

Rant over.

I want to rant about people who cross the road whenever i am out walking my rottweiler dog and then have the audacity to mumble under their breath about how vicious they are and how they should be muzzled.. this usually takes place whilst their dear little toy poodle, yorkie, russell is hanging off my dogs jowls...

The same people then proceed to try to separate their dear little doggies via a handbag or brolly or something equally stupid.

Get a grip and get some knowledge on certain breeds of dag before you start with your irate rantings :rant:

.......... And breathe :hihi:

Right Im going to moan about the people who were blocking my way in Savers (Haymarket) this afternoon, just sauntering along regardless of the fact that people needed to get past.

Why do people do this?

Sh2006.

Edited by Sheff2006
Edited my own post because the longer it was, the more worked up I got!

I want to rant about football, Hate it and have just endured the aston villa and man utd match.

I think football is crap because it is a lazy skill less sport. Now Ice hockey that requires a skill even ice skating has more skill to it then football.

I think football should be ban from tv almost as bad as the queens speech.