What's the best cinema experience in Sheffield currently?

£8 for adults + £6 for a 3year old child at cineworld to c a 3D movie a right rip off if you ask me

Thats bulls, they dont assign seat numbers at VUE, why do you make things up:loopy::huh:

Actually, if its a busy film they DO assign seat numbers.

I'd choose Centertainment.

Whatever your choice, please, do not go to Meadowhall Vue.

The telly in my front room is bigger than the screen I saw 'Saw 6' on, seriously tiny. I've been there about 4 times, (Just for convenience) and even the biggest screen I've seen at Vue is smaller than the smallest I've seen at Cineworld .

EDIT*

AND, lol, this is 100% True, I was dragged to see '17 again' a couple of months ago, and half way through the film, the screen turns off, the lights go up, and this jobsworth marches in and shouts "Right, we've had to stop the film because people aren't sitting in the right seats!"

I can laugh about it now but, really, no need.

not sure i believe you about turning the film off but when we went there in the day it wasnt busy, the lady serving asked us where we wanted to sit so we said near the back.. we got in the cinema and everyone was sat in a line on back row, and people when people moved the staff asked them to sit in the seat allocated, they must think its funny or something.. not funny when you got chavs peeing about

Thats bulls, they dont assign seat numbers at VUE, why do you make things up:loopy::huh:

I can only remember the last 2 times I've been and we definitely got designated seat numbers for them both, you're right...why would I make that up?

not sure i believe you about turning the film off

I didn't ask you too lol, I was there with however many other people when it happend so whether you believe it or not, doesn't concern me

Edited by Forumosaurus

sorry mate its correct, i was given a ticket for for general auditorium so sat were we wanted only be told i had to move as it was allocated seat numbers we moved seats 3 times before we finally got seats nobody was sitting in, we complained afterwards and recieved 10 free film tickets.

this was last year if that matters?

My house for sure.

Just spent a small fortune on a cinema room. Kids are safe, home comforts abound, no beggars on the way out.

Might have to wait a little longer to view recent releases, but trust me, it's worth it, no stinky Townies or Crookes and Walkley rabble sat next to you. Result!

If you can afford it, do it.:thumbsup:

My house for sure.

Just spent a small fortune on a cinema room. Kids are safe, home comforts abound, no beggars on the way out.

Might have to wait a little longer to view recent releases, but trust me, it's worth it, no stinky Townies or Crookes and Walkley rabble sat next to you. Result!

Whilst browsing through the new collection at Ponsfords, I discovered Sevenoaks Hi-Fi have a new showroom there. They have just converted what the previous owners of my house called "the indoor menage" into a small 32 seater cinema room. I agree with loubeelou cinema viewing is a lot better in private with non of the "lesser class" creating an atmosphere.

My house for sure.

Just spent a small fortune on a cinema room. Kids are safe, home comforts abound, no beggars on the way out.Might have to wait a little longer to view recent releases, but trust me, it's worth it, no stinky Townies or Crookes and Walkley rabble sat next to you. Result!

I have to smile at the irony of this, as we were originally discussing viewing Dickens' moral tale.

Edited by Darth Vader

Cineworld scores over the Odeon in several ways.

Intelligent seat layout that slopes up more steeply, giving a clearer view of the screens (tall people in front of you is not a problem at Cineworld).

Usually far larger screens than the tiny ones on display at the Odeon.

Decent sound system, unlike the Odeon's variable but often underwhelming sound output.

More comfortable seats.

That would be my ideal setup.

I have to smile at the irony of this, as we were originally discussing viewing Dickens' moral tale.

You couldn't do a modern version of "A Christmas Carol" as Bob Cratchit wouldn't be working for Scrooge, he'd be at home on benefits, watching the Jeremy Kyle show in his unwashed vest and pants, drinking supermarket bought larger. Mrs. Cratchit would be spending the family allowance on fags and shouting and swearing at the kids, Belinda Cratchit would be an underage mum 2 or 3 times over and Tiny Tim would be setting fire to wheelie bins.

As for poor Mr Scrooge, he would be out of business due to a mass of red tape regulations, high business rates and a lack of available credit due to the credit crunch.

Im going to see christmas carol film at cinema with my little boy and a group of others next week. Im looking forward to seeing it in 3D i really wanted to see that final destination in 3D,but was to busy to go.

Is there any other good films out at minute x

On a slightly different note - Have you ever paid the £1 extra at Vue to have the super comfy seats? These have allocated seat numbers and on the few times I have used them, I have had to ask someone to move out of them!!! I suspect the person that I asked to move didn't pay the £1 extra and thought they would just help themselves - cheeky buggers!! SEAT POLICE - that's what Vue need to employ!!