Blades vs Cardiff

canadablade

At the moment it is Wednesday's only genuine route to upgrade the stadium and why shouldn't we, if that's the only avenue to take. The community side will be of benefit to the whole of South Yorkshire anyhow.

Deluded. young and bias:)

GOOD GRIEF !! Alty have you any idea what the council can do with £22m ? The hospitals with £22m other good causes with £22m?

You treat £22m as its your right to be given the sum, as you call it a community project.

The goverment are expect to hand over £22m to an insolvent company! Its madness and will not happen.

The government aren't handing over £22m. It's under £10m from what I remember. The community side is going to support disadvantage adults and Kids, local schools and the Universities, educate on crime and health. These are all important things, which if Wednesday can offer in the long-run aided by funding, the government will look favourably on.

Edited by AltyOwl

I admit a little bitterness, the same bitterness i would show a neighbour, if i had to pay for all my home improvements, windows, doors and clading then my neighbour had the same work done "free" by the council as he could not afford the repairs himself !!but the council thought it was a good idea to pay as the house next door was in disrepair.

The council thought the student games were a great idea,they thought saving park hill flats was a great idea!! and now they think Hillsbrough community centre is a great idea !

Wednesdays plans may have a little community spirt in them, but again are deluded if they think the tax payer is going to pick up the bulk of the bill.

Again, build it, fund it, and take the profits. Like other clubs do.

Its a puzzle how a insolvent company £25m in debt thinks the way out of trouble is to get the tax payer to fund a £25m development . A development that could easily fail in todays climat do you think the sheffield public would not just be a little bitter if the roads, council houses and council services are in a bad way for Wednesday to come along and say "please bail us out" .

Yes i am bitter, but its Wednesday showing the desperation.

Fund it your selves.

:hihi: calm down, i doubt the fact its 3 miles out of town will make much difference, its roughly the same if not shorter distance on the tram to hillsborough than meadowhall, most students have uni riders which allows ultimate travel on trams for a year so i doubt it will be off putting, people who drive will not have a problem because the route is easy onto penistone road via the new dooley way system, would take less than 10 mins in the car if that to get from where bramall lane is to hillsborough. plus theres more parking facilities in and around hillsborough than bramall lane, so parking and getting there isnt a problem at all, perhaps your just picking holes because wednesday are actually progressing forward rather than backwards unlike the last 9 years. as for us not paying for it, if the coucil offered mcabe to build their new hotel and uprgrade your stadium then if you think he wouldnt accept it your crazy. were building the countries largest community centre, get over it ;)

Seems as ALTY said its your only option, sending out the begging bowl again, while other clubs pay their way.

One thing seems obvious even the most deluded of Owls supporters seem to have written off any chance of a long term investors in the club.

If businessmen are not interested, why should the goverment? £10m or £20million it a lot of tax payers money. The local tax payer/ council already own half your training ground and now expected to invest in a project at your stadia.!

Community project, NAH community scroungers.

Seems as ALTY said its your only option, sending out the begging bowl again, while other clubs pay their way.

One thing seems obvious even the most deluded of Owls supporters seem to have written off any chance of a long term investors in the club.

If businessmen are not interested, why should the goverment? £10m or £20million it a lot of tax payers money. The local tax payer/ council already own half your training ground and now expected to invest in a project at your stadia.!

Community project, NAH community scroungers.

You can call it what you want....but its going ahead and the local councillors have fully backed it. I don't know why you're so bitter, Bramall Lane is being updated also.

You can call it what you want....but its going ahead and the local councillors have fully backed it. I don't know why you're so bitter, Bramall Lane is being updated also.

AT OUR OWN EXPENCE, yes, who would you put your money on to carry out the plans, a proven chairman or one who cant even forcast or budget for a business plan?

So they have backed it , verbally and planning permission wise have they promised or delivered the cash? or is that just another Strafford forcast?

like the American investor, the 25,000 gates and 16,000 season ticket holders.

Just because you stupidly mixed up two posters, don't take it out on me. And where does it say that I am not allowed to post on this thread? You really are thick. :loopy:

reverting to type i see Crooks :)

you poked your nose in on a post to someone else and had one of your hissy fits, time of the month love?

In that case it will only be partially funded by the government, Hpw many corperate events do you think it will take to make an impression on your debt?

Nowt to do with debt, that is going to be reduced through promotion (whenever that happens). The ground development doesn't affect us in terms of our income or expenditure at all, but in the future will see us up revenue, which we'd otherwise not have.