Favourite Alchoholic Drink

Has anyone tasted, Grappa?

Seems this drink is or was issued to the Italian army, (not sure of the validity of that) was offered a swig of this by a border guard on the Italian side of Mont Blanc. I think it could be the reason I'm a lil crazy. Nasty nasty stuff!

Just bought one yesterday. Echo Falls, any good ?

Hi Pattricia

Yes that is a nice one. I always get Blossom Hill. Ernest Gallo, Stowells or Echo Falls. To be honest there isnt much difference in them I just love all White Zinfandel Rose wines.

Enjoy!

Seems this drink is or was issued to the Italian army, (not sure of the validity of that) was offered a swig of this by a border guard on the Italian side of Mont Blanc. I think it could be the reason I'm a lil crazy. Nasty nasty stuff!

Yes, not something that I will be trying again! I had some home brew Grappa from an Italian mate at University, it is brewed from the left over grape stalks I was led to believe?

I lost the evening on it :lol:

My favorite drinks are real ale (love ginger based ones!) Red wine and G+T though it's horrible if it does not have lemon and ice in it.

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill

I remember Grappa - all the junk thats left over from the grapes after they've been used to make wine is fermented to make it. Not the subtlest of drinks!

I remember Grappa - all the junk thats left over from the grapes after they've been used to make wine is fermented to make it. Not the subtlest of drinks!

I remember being cold before the offer...but not much after.;)

lagavulin 16yo with the tiniest dash of water - heaven! but more of a winter drink. on hot days I have to admit i'm a sucker for an ice cold american lager (that'll upset the real ale folk!)

Now your talking. Whisky is the drink of the gods. Mind you at 42 bottles and counting i have a good choice. 21 year old Glenugie its nearly black but really long after taste.

Maybe a works whisky club is in order :hihi:

(if you like whisky why in the name of all that is holy would you drink bells :gag: )