HELP! I need feeding and can't cook

Hi there,

Delia Smith wrote a book (or maybe 2) that literally deals with cooking from the start. I believe she starts with how to boil an egg.

There's also a book called 'Cooking for Blokes'.

At this time of the year you can probably survive for a while on salads if all else fails. Just go and get some bags of salad, some tomatoes, cheese, etc. from the local supermarket and live off of those whilst you go and buy the cookbook.

If nothing else you'll be healthier and more 'regular' when your family return.

:)

Joe

P pleasent -ish

O omniscient

T Telly Friendly

:D

N no new flavours just chicken and mushroom

O oooh you can dip bread into it.

O Obsolete that kebab shop.

D dee daar food!

L Line! fill up with Boiling watter

E Excelent for lazy and you wouldn't eat it when sober.

Corned beef hash for one:

1x tin of corned beef

1x tin of carrots

1x tin potatos

1x oxo cube

1x small onion

Fry chopped onion till brown, cube up the corned beef, drop it in and fry till ti goes soft, add about half a pint of water, bung in your vegies (without juice) add a good squirt of tomato ketchup, and the oxo cube. if you like spicy foods, add some tobasco and cayenne, else just salt and pepper, simmer for 8-10 mins, stirring and keeping an eye on it. then serve. takes about 20 mins, lovely

Kids these days aint taught right, i could cook a full roast meal with all the trimmings at 15 :D

Joel

Originally posted by Andy

This is a consequence of Home Economics teaching going down-hill in school. All kids learn in Home Economics is how to make apple crumble and bake bread. Who can live on those?

Amusing story: In Home Economics at school we had to prepare a healthy meal within a certain budget. We could do anything we liked, but had to get permission from the teacher first. We had to supply our own ingrediants. My friend decided to make Shepherd's Pie. Imagine the look on teacher's face when he turned up with a ready made shepherd's pie from ASDA.

We had to wash a pair of tights and make toast and a cup of tea!

See the thread on 'Stoodent food' for some simple recipes :thumbsup:

I don't think there is any excuse for not being able to cook. If you can read and tell the time you can learn to cook. My mother died when I was 9 years old, that's when I learned. :thumbsup:

Mainframe,

If you have not died of starvation yet or ran out of money eating take out, perhaps you may want to use the bachelor method of food preparation.

Breakfast: Cereal (pour in bowl with milk)

Lunch: Sandwich (Bread and filling)

Dinner: Salad (cut head of lettuce in half and put dressing on top. Eat over sink to reduce the number of dishes that need to be cleaned.)

:thumbsup:

A colleague announced the other day that her daughter was ecstatic ( or should I say eggstatic ) because she had managed to make herself an omellete! This was a shock because the daughter is 19! Here the problem lies. My colleague is a fussy mother who runs around after her daughter picking up after both her daughter and the daughter's boyfriend, washing, cooking and cleaning for them both. She then complains when they expect her to do everything for them! It's her own fault and I told her so. She hasn't taught her daughter any basic skills to arm her for fending on her own.

I have a teenage son who can cook, clean and tidy up after himself because I have taught him what to do.

I'm not being awful but when your parents return you might want to have a few lessons in home economics.:thumbsup:

Assuming you've still got the energy to leave the house, why not go out for a meal?

My 14 year old daughter makes a mean spa bol, she also cooks shepherds pie and macaroni cheese from scratch as well as being able to do bacon eggs etc. Am going to teach her to make curry next. My son is 22 and he can also cook lots of things, having done some cooking at school and watching me in the kitchen. Best thing to do is watch and learn. Good luck.

Just make things that are simple to make. I love making myself omlette (if thats how you spell it). How about...

Ready to cook meals. Simple and easy. Or what about a fresh salad. mmmm!

Just experiment :D

I'd be ashamed if i were you!!

Suerly there is something you can cook its not rocket science or brain surgery