Tramlines Festival 2011

The only gig I didn't like was The Crookes at the Shakespeare as I was far too hot and uncomfortable and had to leave despite the band being very good.

Next year involve the train station and it would be good to see The Howard getting back involved with music if that happened and Plug getting involved. That whole area including the seated tearing around Hallam could be used.

The Shakespeare was unbearably hot! Poor Joseph from Avida Dollars was suffering with a fever and performing in there left him like a wet rag! Shakespeare owners, get your windows working!

On the plus side, the Shakey are serving their ale in oversize, lined glasses so you get a full pint every time. Very few places do that (although they all should!).

I thought the Radio Hallam slot until about half two on Saturday when the bands came on at Dev Green was tedious.

I spent most of sat afternoon in the peace gardens for the 'world music' - excellent afternoon, a big fat bluesman, a ska band with the most beautiful singer in the world (the fair haired one), a class afro funk band and an AWESOME turkish trad/spacey techno group - left at 9.00 pretty drunk and very happy.

SOMETHING FOR SHEFF TO BE VERY PROUD OF

I still think that more should be happening in some parts of the city. What about something on The Moor?

It was sad that some obvious venues weren't part of it as well. Why weren't The Boardwalk participating?

And The Grapes, over the years one of Sheffield's best small venues, sadly missed this year :-(

There was a stage on The Moor for the first Tramlines. Watched a band there with about 5 people... though i think it was the Sunday afternoon so was quieter down there anyway.

The Boardwalk's closed, and they don't do gigs at The Grapes anymore (since last year).

I think it's pretty well spread out as it is. Been another great year. Only minor niggle was out of 4 Busker Buses that i caught only 2 had buskers on!

i really enjoyed it even tho i only knew who a couple of acts were

Yes Frank I too was at the peace gardens on the Saturday.. not sure about the blues band but think the Ska band you were on about is jungle lion ... and yes she is very good!! Also saw some great bands outside the city hall!!

did you see the turkish/electro fusion band at 6 or 7 o clock - wow!

the fat lad and his blues band were great fun - play similar stuff (very badly) myself and am a sucker for the texas roadhouse vibe

did you see the turkish/electro fusion band at 6 or 7 o clock - wow!

They're called Oojami and used to play at the Juju club every now and again - always a good live act.

Missed it again :(

They're called Oojami and used to play at the Juju club every now and again - always a good live act.

thanks I'll check em out, should be even better with a decent long set, although the atmosphere they created in the peace gardens was excellent, especially when they got the 3rd rate belly dancers on stage to join in.

I do hope tramlines survives the straitened times.