Tramlines Festival 2011

Harley tonight: Sticky floor, some strange and noisy sound-checking, speakers pumping out music, no clue as to what might be happening when, dead animal being cooked outside.

Time to move on.

Shoulda watched Heaven 17 in Barkers Pool...AWESOME they were and the previous two bands were GREAT... and FAB food too and a BEER tent!!!! :)

I have to say, never been a fan of Heaven 17, but thought the show was excellent. It was worth standing in the drizzle just to hear such a fantastic rendition of Temptation alone.

Then onto The Shakey to listen to The Crookes. If we got slightly damp watching H17 outdoors, then we got absolutely drenched watching The Crookes indoors. I thought people were going to pass out.

It's thanks to last year's Tramlines that I was introduced to The Crookes. Seen them 4 time now.

Then off to The Harley, and heard some of the strange, yet interesting, noises that Bloomdido must have heard.

This Tramlines thing is really good I must say. Hat tip to the organisers. Off to Heeley City Farm now.

Word of warning though. Our black cab driver had to put a postcode in his Tom Tom to find Ringinglow Road, and clearly had no knowledge of Sheffield at all. I can only imagine there is a high number of unregistered drivers taking advantage of the increased numbers in town. I prefer to walk myself.

Well i enjoyed tonight, was my first experience of a tramlines festival, and it was good, stood in the rain siniging along to heaven 17! top night!

glad you enjoyed it :(

lol

I have to say, never been a fan of Heaven 17, but thought the show was excellent. It was worth standing in the drizzle just to hear such a fantastic rendition of Temptation alone.

Then onto The Shakey to listen to The Crookes. If we got slightly damp watching H17 outdoors, then we got absolutely drenched watching The Crookes indoors. I thought people were going to pass out.

It's thanks to last year's Tramlines that I was introduced to The Crookes. Seen them 4 time now.

Then off to The Harley, and heard some of the strange, yet interesting, noises that Bloomdido must have heard.

This Tramlines thing is really good I must say. Hat tip to the organisers. Off to Heeley City Farm now.

Word of warning though. Our black cab driver had to put a postcode in his Tom Tom to find Ringinglow Road, and clearly had no knowledge of Sheffield at all. I can only imagine there is a high number of unregistered drivers taking advantage of the increased numbers in town. I prefer to walk myself.

I thought the crookes were on sunday? :/

Aww mate, how ya feelin? :)

funnily enough now ive missed a 3rd of it..........not too bad

dont think id be up to a 100% drunken rampage tho so..........

im ok about it really, with the money i saved i bought a new laptop.........which the kids have taken a fancy to :(

and some blank dvds i needed, and some more richard hawley cds for the collection, so not too bad :)

I thought the crookes were on sunday? :/

some bands are on twice

the crookes were on at the shakespeare yesterday at 11pm

then theyre on the main stage (dev green?) at 3.15 sunday

im ok about it really, with the money i saved i bought a new laptop.........which the kids have taken a fancy to :(

and some blank dvds i needed, and some more richard hawley cds for the collection, so not too bad :)

Abot 500 quid, then. blinkin nora, u spend wen ya go out! :)

This, I could get used too.

Chilling on the balcony with many bottles of beer listening to a house music DJ set in the Plaza below. Lot's of short skirts around as well, which is always a bonus.

Sounds like some variant of Stockholm Syndrome to me.

Never-mind, whatever helps you get over it I guess.

:hihi:

MrsSmithy266 and I have just got back, spent the afternoon on Dev Green, we reckon we were the oldest there! Pixie Lott great, but not on for long enough.

MrsSmithy266 and I have just got back, spent the afternoon on Dev Green, we reckon we were the oldest there! Pixie Lott great, but not on for long enough.

Yeah we thought that. My 10 year old daughter was unimpressed at waiting 4 hours to only hear 4 songs from pixie and just over 20 minutes from olly!!