EYAM WALK 12th JULY

Village Owl

THIS WALK IS DEFINATLEY TAKING PLACE

Eyam, I believe is one of the groups favourite places to walk, so here's another walk starting from this historic village.

The walk is approx 7-8 miles and takes us over Eyam right hand Moor down into Hathersage and along the river into Grindleford then back into Eyam past the Riley Graves walking through the village back to the meeting place.

The meeting place for the start of the walk will be outside the Church in the centre of Eyam where there is roadside parking, at 10:15am to coincide with the arrival of the 69 bus which leaves Sheffield Interchange at 9:30am. There is alternative parking on Hawkhill Road in the new free car park above the old pay and display one (just look out for the newly tarmac'd road with the free car park sign).

It would be great to see some new faces as well as a few old ones on this one.

Edited by Village Owl

I think I'll wait to see what the weather is like before committing to this one. How far is it & how many steep bits:suspect:

Approx 7-8 miles Hemlock, you have to climb up to the moor but its all on the road (you've done that before I believe) then with Eyam being where it is you have to climb back into it, but its not over steep (10-15mins approx climb) but also when we've dropped down into Hathersage nearly a good two thirds of the walk are on the flat.

Edited by Village Owl

Now here'a dilemna. Do I cut short my Malta holiday for this, or do I carry on soaking up the sun with Mrs Scoobz :love: ? Answers on a postage stamp .

Watch that sun - my house mate has come back from Spain and gone straight to the Hallamshire with the worst sunburn I have ever seen - swollen legs and massive 3 inch blisters. Poor lad - i Sort of fee:roll:l guilty for not doing the washing up now.

Watch that sun - my house mate has come back from Spain and gone straight to the Hallamshire with the worst sunburn I have ever seen - swollen legs and massive 3 inch blisters. Poor lad - i Sort of fee:roll:l guilty for not doing the washing up now.

& for putting his wet washing back in the washing machine - pooooeeee!!!:o