17 year old little bro held at knifepoint

just the bad kids! guess a few good ones still exist.

The thing is, at least 90% of them are good, it's just we only hear about the bad ones. No one bothers to write a newspaper article or start a thread about the kids who volunteer in old peoples homes or give up their time to help run a kids club for 7 yr olds.

The thing is, at least 90% of them are good, it's just we only hear about the bad ones. No one bothers to write a newspaper article or start a thread about the kids who volunteer in old peoples homes or give up their time to help run a kids club for 7 yr olds.

Good news does not sell newspapers.

i think everyone knows the kind of teenagers we are talking about. Does anyone get the feeling the country is being run by these thugs. Seems most can do what they want and get away with it. Boot camps? That is what I would like to see and the sooner these are organised the better. Get the little barstewards at boot camp for 6 months or so and see what happens. Give them hell and I mean HELL!!

I hope your brother gets over this. I'm sure he will in time. I live on Parson Cross. Out of circumstance rather than choice. When I bought my house, it was all I could afford. I moved away and rented for a while but have had to move back to renovate the house and wait for the property market to pick up before I can sell it.

I have to say a few things as I know many people think that everyone from Parson Cross are none working scum.

I'm a single mum and work full time in a managerial position earning a fairly good wage. My neighbours on either side work, as do all the people I could point to and recognise around our house. All the people I know who live round here work. I know there are some that don't but I don't think it's the majority. The problem is, we only hear about the bad ones. I have also been to most of the shops in the area at some stage. I have never been bothered by teenagers outside them (apart from to ask me to buy booze for them, which I declined).

I have owned this house for 7 years and have not had my performance cars touched on here.

When I lived in Oughtibridge, my boyfriend's car was broken into, I had trouble with teenagers. I was approached in the shop and told by a lad that his mate was outside 'twocing my car'.

My 'lengthy' point is, it happens everywhere.

My daughter is 13 and I do not allow her out of the house here, her friends are elsewhere and I take her to them when she goes out. There are also alot of big dogs around this estate.

The government just needs to get tough on these people and their parents. If they are not brought up to have respect for themselves and others then what chance do they stand and us as a nation? Sometimes I wonder if the only way out of this mess now, is for the general public to get tough.

Anyway Kez, best wishes to your brother and I hope the little gits get their comeuppance.

I asked earlier in the thread that people do not swear, or use masked swearing.

I know that it's bound to get people angry when a seventeen year old gets mugged at knife point, but this is a family forum and swearing is against forum rules.

Any more swearing or masked swearing and bans will be issued.

Thanks

I am so so sorry to hear about this experience. I had a knife pulled on me as I was getting into a taxi once - one I'd prebooked but these drunk lads insisted it was theirs. I got the next cab - cant argue with a knife!

Another time when I was still a student and walking into uni two massive guys grabbed me by the shoulders and breasts and to rob my handbag. This was lunchtime on the main road up to crookesmoor by the park near the Dam House - people crossed over the road to "not get involved". Unlucky for them I used to do karate so kicked and punched and get myself the hell out of there and ran in my heels! The Uni have added more CCTV on the plus side.

Your brother just has to be brave - its a big bad world and there are good and bad people everywhere. I stayed in for a while and wouldn't walk anywhere - I'm so over it though now. Gotta live your life eh?

oh yeah.put a comment on my facebook saying i hope the scum overdoses on whatever drug he uses....some people not too happy with my comment however i dont care

I know what you mean! The best you can hope for is that the cash raised by your brothers phone results in his last deal - When I was mugged by a smack rat in Sheffield train station a couple of years ago, I thought he'd be clean by the time he came out of prison, but the detective who was in court with me said that they still got their drugs inside too! What's the point???

did your brother get a description of the attacker?

hope he's ok x

thanks a lot x

description of attacker is.... 17/18 years old, 5ft6 ish, black male, wearing jeans and a black hoodie, no marks ect although was after 11 in the evening so it was dark. my bro said he was tough looking, however anyone holding out a knife is gonna look tough!!