Blades vs Burnley - Play off final (match thread)

Newky and Malky.

As I've suspected, and stated, many, many, times before, some Blades read, but don't see. QUOTE]

Some Owls read and then have to keep coming back for more, not bad for someone that isn’t “ even bothered one jot”

There's only Wembley and United threads on here at the moment.

Maybe that's why I'm on it?

Simples! :thumbsup:

tut. Tut, tut robin aplacein the prem.

You of all people should know better. :(

;)

wemberleeeyyyyyyyy

Simples! :thumbsup:

Well start a Wednesday one then, what about:-

“should Watson hang up his boots or carry on?”

Burnley haven't really been a bogey side till this season, I can remember some good victories over them and Wembley should be no different, we have the better team. But they have the better manager.

Why do they have the better manager? I think Blackwell is the best one we have had in a long time.

Why do they have the better manager? I think Blackwell is the best one we have had in a long time.

Look at what Coyle has done down there with limited resources, and a very limited team too.

I think Blackwell is the best manager we have had since Blackwell has been in charge....

Its going to be close for sure,a lot will depend on hendo and ward,and of course the pitch ought to suit cotts so its imperitive we get the ball out wide to him as much as possible. 2-1 to the blades.:)

Its going to be close for sure,a lot will depend on hendo and ward,and of course the pitch ought to suit cotts so its imperitive we get the ball out wide to him as much as possible. 2-1 to the blades.:)

That's if we can be sure he picks Cotterill. He has a habit of dropping him with no good reason. We have no width without him.

I have confidence in our players and providing they don't 'freeze', we're in with a very good shout. But my confidence lessens when I start to think about other issues which can affect the outcome of a game of this magnitude:

* injuries;

* refereeing decisions; and

* that old chestnut, bad luck.

Yes, the above applies to both sides but watch it be the Blades on the receiving end of dodgy decisions (an eroneous or harsh sending off perhaps) or some bad luck (last minute goal to Palace last time)!!!

But I'm going to be positive here. A young squad, two promising full backs, a superb centre-half (Killa) and an established pro and leader in Morgan. A midfield - at last - which can stop the other team playing (Monty, although he couldn't pass wind he's a workhorse who looks after the ugly side of the game), a wideman who can take the ball with him and cross it and another promising guy who doesn't half put himself about, Halford.

If Ward plays we'll have pace and if Henderson plays I hope all those decisions which have gone against him this season all go his way in this one match. And maybe Beattie will have the rub of the green hopefully to silence his critics (he being a decent footballer with a good touch and superb awareness).

It's close, very close to call and I fear Patterson but nobody else in that Burnley squad. I'll be watching it in the Shiny Sheff (but ensuring I arrive early to settle the nerves) and I'm going to predict 2-1 to the Blades.

Quote:

Simples!

Originally Posted by Malky

What about, 'United are slightly better than Wednesday, but think they're Real Madrid or something?' Posters like you make me really want Burnley to thrash you 5-0 on Monday.

Quote:

Simples!

Originally Posted by Malky

What about, 'United are slightly better than Wednesday, but think they're Real Madrid or something?' Posters like you make me really want Burnley to thrash you 5-0 on Monday.

WEMBERLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE