Paternity leave for the fathers

Can any one help me on this please

My mates think recent changes in Paternity law allow the father the same right to have 6 months paid leave, I think its only 2 weeks.

Can any one help and clear this up for us please

Regards

In cases where the mother is in main wage earner you can transfer the leave to the Father not sure how it all works though !!

Its still 2 weeks paid. Any announcements regarding any changes are merely proposals.

Companies only have to pay the statutory minimum and not your full salary if it is more than this. This is only £123 per week.

i just came off of paternity leave last week.. you get two weeks at £121 a week, supposed to be changing to six months soon though i hear

If you look in the "Pregnancy Book" you usually get from your GP, all the up to date info is on the back pages.

I don't know wheather I have this right or not. Is it true that in the future it will be possible for parents to split the leave & take several months each instead ofthe dad only getting a couple of weeks off depending on their employment??

I seem to recall hearing that there were proposals to bring this in, but I can't find anything on an official website to suggest that it has already happened, or is in the process of going through Parliament. It might just be on the "might happen one day" list.

Hi I'm a journalism student looking to write a feature on the new paternity rights coming in from the 3rd of April which give fathers the right to take 6 months paternity leave if their partner returns to work. In a recent survey 4/10 men said they wouldnt take advantage of this for fear of damaging their career. Would anyone be interested in speaking to me about their own experiences of taking paternity leave or not taking it and whether they would have taken advantage of this new right?

Hi, I'm a journslims student at Sheff Uni. We're trying to write an article on paternity leave, and really want to speak to someone who didn't take their two weeks paternity leave.

Please reply or email [email protected] if this applys to you and you'd be willing to talk about your situation..