Talktalk at the door

I am dreading it as Tiscali whom I'm with have just sold to Talk Talk, they promise there will be no change in service but I've heard that old chestnut before

If ther service changes then that should breach any contract so don't worry ;)

talktalk r rubbish i went wiv them in march last year on the 26th to be exact then moved house in march this year on 8th i was going to cancel but the lady pasuaded me to pay the 1 off charge of £70 to move the line without informing me that if i did pay the fee my contract wud restart n i wud have to stay wiv them for another 12 months

talk talk are ok to a degree, years ago i was with aol which was fast (for the time) but expensive( more than its rivals )

talk talk do offer free bb if you have the phone package but its not fast 2mb or so but then it's free?!

most isp have d/l limits but never heard of anyone being charged extra, had a friend who got warned about his usage and that they would monitor and possibly restrict his capacity and speed in not altered, don't think they carried the threat out

they are a few unlimited packages but again are pricey

as for the rep just tell them that you re not interested at my old address used to get all the energy suppliers on a regular basis and they didn;t have a clue what day we were on either!

Talktalk stated on the phone that it's a package, not free broadband and shouldn't be sold to us as free broadband.

The isp we are with charge on the lower packages if you go over your limit 2 months in a row which is about £1 or £2 per gb but i'm happy to pay that bit extra for the higher package to not have the limit as we download quite a lot of stuff.

We have the energy companys round quite often too but as soon as they hear what we pay they soon say sorry for bothering us and that they can't beat what we pay.

Not had talk talk on my door but have had trouble with the guys tryin to get you to change energy suppliers...one a few months ago...said all my neighbours had changed suppliers to his..forgot wot his was now..but anyway...when i said i wasnt interested thank you very much..he then turned quite nasty...and stormed off down the path shouting that I must have money to waste cos all my neighbours were saving 25% more than me on their bills..and that I was stupid not to change..so I'm afraid I shouted a few choice words back at him and promplty slammed the front door shut....

Mum and dad had talktalk come to their door and foolishly let them in. Mum told the guy that they couldn't move from BT otherwise they'd have to pay a cancellation fee or something, the guy from talktalk assured them they didn't. Anyway they ended up signing up. Then they got a bill from BT for the cancellation fee. Mum and dad are old and i've told them repeatedly not to let people in unless it's a pre-arranged meeting. :rolleyes:

It makes me laugh when you open the door and they say straight away that they could save you money. How do they know they could save you money when they don't know what your paying in the first place because the next question is usually how huch are you paying?

This is when the sod off down the path again saying they can't beat what I pay when I tell them that I am on a meter and only pay a flat rate of 3.5p per KWh with no standing charge for gas and a flat rate of 12.02p per KWh with no standing charge for electric.:hihi:

Mum and dad had talktalk come to their door and foolishly let them in. Mum told the guy that they couldn't move from BT otherwise they'd have to pay a cancellation fee or something, the guy from talktalk assured them they didn't. Anyway they ended up signing up. Then they got a bill from BT for the cancellation fee. Mum and dad are old and i've told them repeatedly not to let people in unless it's a pre-arranged meeting. :rolleyes:

I know exactly how you feel with yr parents letting strangers into their home...my parents are in their 80's and we have told them time and time again dont open the door to anyone day or night unless its us...and we will make it clear to you that it is us at the door....but a couple of years ago now..my dad let some woman in who was selling duvets and she fed my dad a story about the proceeds from the quilts going to some childrens home...and he bought 4 of them...paid her a right bomb...i was absolutely fuming..but cudnt do anything cos i had no idea who the woman was.....arent they low life who take advantage of old people...

talktalk r rubbish i went wiv them in march last year on the 26th to be exact then moved house in march this year on 8th i was going to cancel but the lady pasuaded me to pay the 1 off charge of £70 to move the line without informing me that if i did pay the fee my contract wud restart n i wud have to stay wiv them for another 12 months

Danielle - thats wrong on Talk talk's behalf. We have just moved and its a £30 fee for re-connection which is waived if you take out a new contract with them. Its £70 if you cancel the contract with them when you end your contract as you move. Ihad it clarified as i wanted to move to Sky's and they said it would be £70 to cancel the contract if i did it but free if i carried on with them.

They dont let you take your number either - the gits!!!

My advice would be that if you are staying with Talktalk at your new property then cancel the £70 and phone them up to get a refund if its too late and you have already paid as the £70 is a cancellation charge for terminating your contract early. Below is a link to the "what costs in moving" from talktalk's website

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/questions/MOV_01_06

PM me if you want any further help chuck

I wouldn't let Talk Talk in to my house unless they could prove who they were. I'd ask them to recite the lyrics to It's my life and Life's what you make it. Probably ask them to do Eden as well as it's a lovely song