Talktalk at the door

I've just had a young fella at the door claiming to be from Talktalk and telling me I should be getting free broadband.

He didn't bother to introduce himself or show ID and then said he's left it in the car when I asked to see some.

When I told him I was perfectly happy with my internet provider and that I didn't want to move to a company that had limits on downloads and things he told me rather cockily that the company I am with don't offer unlimited downloads either (I have it in writing that I do get this).

All he was carrying was a childs notepad and when I wouldn't give him my details he got very aggressive.

I rang Talktalk upon getting away from him who have told me to ring the head office first thing tomorrow and told me they don't have an offer like this and that the things he was telling me are wrong.

Has anyone else had this happen?

what area are you my mum had a couple of people go round to her house from "talktalk" i answered the door never thought to ask for id tho

I had this a couple of weeks ago. It was a lady, dark hair, approx early twenties, very out of breath and flustered as if she'd been rushing around. She didn't have any ID but said she was from talktalk. She started asking about my broadband package and then asked me if I had a pen and paper so she could write a few things down for me (a bit unprofessional! no ID, no promo materials, and no pen and paper!) I made sure I locked the door as I went to get one. When I came back she asked what I got with my broadband package. I said I get BT vision, she said "Oh, I can't offer you that, sorry", and promptly left!

I thought it was very strange!

Doesn't sound like a real rep to me - he would obviously have needed some forms for you to fill in if you wanted to swop.

Having said that, he is kind of right - you don't really have unlimited broadband - if you look in your terms and conditions you will see a "fair use policy" which basically means they can decide you are using too much bandwidth and then start charging you for the excess.

My terms and conditions state that as I am on the highest package I am not bound by a fair usage policy unlike the lower packages. I have this in writing and the company also confirmed this.

It's done by a company on the moor, a door to door company that gets clients like talktalk and npower to promote. I used to work for them (Talktalk,) even if I was a little more professional about it.

You're basically given a list of targets, and you have to go around them all trying to convince them to change their supplier, and you get about £30 for every person that does.

really? never heard of this, and it doesn't seem to be on their website

How do you know who cainedkaty has as an ISP?

PlusNet offer a truly unlimited package.

I've tried to ring the head office as told by the Talktalk people last night and I got to speak to 2 people who weren't British, sounded like they were Eastern European possibly(I have a friend who's family are Polish and they sounded like them before anyone asks how I came to this conclusion) and they couldn't understand why I wanted to speak to someone when I wasn't a customer and was then cut off.

I have now managed to actually speak to someone in head office and been informed that I cannot make a complaint or even be told if they were really in the area as i'm not a customer, so just another way to get you to join them then.

talktalk are crap, its cos they are linked with aol i believe. My girlfriends parents moved from tiscali to them and their internet is slow and limited! and its only a couple pounds cheaper monthly...Im with sky with their package and had no problems for 2 years.

I am dreading it as Tiscali whom I'm with have just sold to Talk Talk, they promise there will be no change in service but I've heard that old chestnut before

I am dreading it as Tiscali whom I'm with have just sold to Talk Talk, they promise there will be no change in service but I've heard that old chestnut before

If ther service changes then that should breach any contract so don't worry ;)

talktalk r rubbish i went wiv them in march last year on the 26th to be exact then moved house in march this year on 8th i was going to cancel but the lady pasuaded me to pay the 1 off charge of £70 to move the line without informing me that if i did pay the fee my contract wud restart n i wud have to stay wiv them for another 12 months