Fwd together swfc business plan..

If you've got other commitments it's just the way it is, i'm sure you go when circumstances allow. At least hopefully you'll be able to benefit from reduced day prices on some of the games :)

thats the hope. with it being categorised aswell now it might save me a few pennys. hate not being able to not have a season ticket but even with the so called reduced prices i see why people just cant/wont pay for a season ticket

Thing is about the season ticket moaners have they never heard of a break even price?

Thing is about the season ticket moaners have they never heard of a break even price?

Might they not say that as the next two seasons are only aimed as consolidating your place in the division, they'll wait until the targetted promotion push in 2012...and in the meantime just pick and choose games? Certainly if the cost of a season ticket was going to stretch your budget, you'd want to hear more positivity for next season? It's not just down to the fans to turn up in blind faith is it? It wasn't really the fans fault that you got into the brown stuff in the first place.

Could be an interesting summer PR wise at S6!

Fans want cheaper tickets yet more spending on the playing staff, coaching staff and facilities, unfortunately the maths don't add up.

Personally i'm happier of course to be paying less this season than last, and i'll be happy to see us keep our best players and get a few extra ones in the door.

if the plan is to go for promotion by 2012 then im disgusted, like sheff71 says, whats the point. preston, swansea, hull city, stoke city, i dont think they had a vast amount of money to burn on players and wages, but they made do with what they had and it worked.

I think he means by 2012, not wait 'til 2012 before 'having a go'.

A bit of 'decent' money for BL, and a few intelligent signings, and we could push harder next season.

Promotion? ... Can't see it or some considerables.

But I hope I'm wrong, as I've said before, promotion is the only way to get rid of our financial burden.

No sugar daddy's going to arrive in the near, or middle, future.

Or 'anytime soon' as we have to say these days. ;)

I think he means by 2012, not wait 'til 2012 before 'having a go'.

A bit of 'decent' money for BL, and a few intelligent signings, and we could push harder next season.

Promotion? ... Can't see it or some considerables.

But I hope I'm wrong, as I've said before, promotion is the only way to get rid of our financial burden.

No sugar daddy's going to arrive in the near, or middle, future.

Or 'anytime soon' as we have to say these days. ;)

It sounds more like they got their fingers burnt once already recently over setting an investment date too soon, and rather than saying you're going for promotion next season and risk fans having a go at failing to achieve this, they give some date a few years in the future, and therefore not give you any expectations...

For a club with currently the biggest capacity in the division, and having had four years back in this division to stabilise and cut costs, you really should be aiming for a minimum of top 6 next time... if the fans really did believe you were going for it, that'd surely lead to more renewals and bigger gates?

i cant see any promotion push until significant funds are made available for decent signings

I read it in the programme and it all sounds a bit desperate. 4.5m now and a "pledge" of topping it up to 6.5m...IF...they sell a "minimum" of 16,500 season tickets.

Mr Strafford can't raise expectations then say well sorry but you guys didn't buy enough season tickets so you can't blame me cos you should have bought more.

However, Strafford has given Wednesday a clear focus and direction. He is focusing on how Wednesday can maximise revenue and that means getting people through the turnstiles and into buying the Wednesday brand.

There are plenty of positives:

Refurbish the pitch (although I thought they did this at the end of every season)

Refurbish and increase facilities at the training ground. (no specifics here)

Development in the West stand reintroduce the north west corner. (but who wants to sit there its c**p don't bother and save money).

Refurbish the lower concourse in the North Stand to create a family enclosure.

A fan bar in the South Stand.

Beer on the Kop.

TV monitors in the social areas on the concourses.

Bars open earlier and then reopened after the game.

Buying tickets on line which can be printed out at home with barcodes to scan at the turnstiles.

The big negative with this is that; it assumes there is no new investment.

However I accept that you can't just sell a football club like a second hand car it has to be sold as a viable business both on the pitch and off it in order to do this you have to show how you are getting maximum revenue from the resources and investment you are putting in.

He has also published a sort of financial forecast (as a Plc Wednesday have a legal requirement to publish their accoounts and these figures just don't marry up):

What does he mean by "total football costs"? players wages last year were almost 13m yet he is quoting 6.7m with an increase of almost 50% to 9.1m for 2009/10 and less than 10% for the following seasons.

He quotes revenue of 12.1m but Wednesday had a turnover of almost 24m last season. Is this 12.1m before or after tax?

The figures published don't make any sense they might well have just made them up. More transparency please?

As supporters we can put up with the ups and downs however what we do deserve is respect.

My advice to Lee is; please don't treat us like idiots or take us for granted like the last Chairman.

When you say Beer on the Kop, do you just mean in the concourse? I didn't know they were able to allow fans to have alcohol in the seats (otherwise they'd all be doing it!). :)

Makes sense to leave that North West corner as the least important task, for the number of games where you'll get well over 30k, it's probably not worth prioritising... as and when you get promotion, do it then along with a general sprucing up of the ground?

For season tickets, do you still have the old style ones, or do you have credit card style electronic season cards yet? Much prefer these now at the Lane, can just stick it with your credit cards and not risk forgetting it on match day (and also can just renew the same card for another season, saving wasting resources on producing more new cards). Also handy for Cup ties too, they can just activate your existing card for home ties, again saving waste.

I for one are not good with figures, i have renewed my season ticket for next season and hope that we get somewhere near what the chairman wants but can't see it. The plan sounds good and as for selling beer on the kop then i don't think so, just me. Getting the corner done is the last thing on my mind save the cash and spend on players, if the corner was done what happens to segregation? I think we have had a decent season and have held our own as our position states all be it on a tight budget, next season i would like to see the club push on with afew quality signings and improve our position in the league and maybe, just maybe a push for a chance at a play off slot. If this happens then fans will come through the gates and fill the ground at any price all fans want to see is a good and successful team at Hillsborough

When you say Beer on the Kop, do you just mean in the concourse? I didn't know they were able to allow fans to have alcohol in the seats (otherwise they'd all be doing it!). :)

Makes sense to leave that North West corner as the least important task, for the number of games where you'll get well over 30k, it's probably not worth prioritising... as and when you get promotion, do it then along with a general sprucing up of the ground?

For season tickets, do you still have the old style ones, or do you have credit card style electronic season cards yet? Much prefer these now at the Lane, can just stick it with your credit cards and not risk forgetting it on match day (and also can just renew the same card for another season, saving wasting resources on producing more new cards). Also handy for Cup ties too, they can just activate your existing card for home ties, again saving waste.

I dont know; it just said "Beer will be available on the Kop for the first time" the trouble is there isn't much of a concourse at the back of the Kop I hope you will be able to take beer to your seat?

The season ticket system needs updating. Your right, the use of vouchers must cost the club a fortune.

The West stand should be pulled down and a complete new modern stand complex built there's enough area at the back to make it bigger than the East Bank without the poles.