Cannabis smoke from neighbours

DaMan

Can anyone tell me who I need to speak to if the amount of cannabis being consumed by neighbours is now seeping through my walls? They have been doing it for months but now the smell is overpowering in my own home. Don't think the guy doing it is even legally staying there. Obviously I know I should contact the Police but then I can see the neighbours smashing in windows on house and/or car.

Edited by DaMan

Can anyone tell me who I need to speak to if the amount of cannabis being consumed by neighbours is now seeping through my walls? They have been doing it for months but now the smell is overpowering in my own home. Don't think the guy doing it is even legally staying there.

You need to ring the Police on the 2020 number and they'll tell you what to do.

I agree. They are commiting a criminal offence (BTW, how do you recognise the smell - I wouldn't know Cannabis if I smelled it). Contact the police. Chances are if they are smoking canabis they are also up to other illegal acts and using other drugs as well.

If canabis is coming throught he walls it must be really strong. Canabis does leave a stink though, it smells awful. Its bad enough when the smell lingers but it must be absolutely rancid on people slothes and on the breath

I am just assuming that its cannabis as its the same smell you get when passing numerous gangs of youths around town. It appears to have a very lingering odour. Its OK contacting the police but then neighbours will know I made the complaint.

I agree. They are commiting a criminal offence (BTW, how do you recognise the smell - I wouldn't know Cannabis if I smelled it). Contact the police. Chances are if they are smoking canabis they are also up to other illegal acts and using other drugs as well.

umm.. no?

why not just go around and talk to them about it?

The smell does hit you as your near its source.

I cant imagine for one minute they would stop if you asked them to so I wouldnt bother asking them, get the authorities to do it or if you are a tenant contact your landlord or the council.

I guess if it's coming through the walls there may be an awful lot. Can you not go and speak to them? I appreciate it's illegal, but it's a bit of a bu gger that you can't have a smoke in your own home. However .. as I said before, if it's bothering you - indeed, your other neighbours might think it's YOU .. then have a word.