Do you THINK Snooker will stay in Sheffield?

Will it stay or will it go?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will it stay or will it go?

• It WILL stay in sheffield
    • It WONT stay in sheffield

Do you think the world snooker championship will stay in sheffield or willit go somewhere else??

We find out for sure at 11:30 today!

Ive just heard it on the news that snooker's governing body are to say later today if Sheffield gets the nod over other cities like Liverpool and Leeds to host the championships.From what were being said Sheffield IS likely to hold onto it.

I heard the players themselves would prefer it to stay here. That's gotta hold some sway surely?

Originally posted by Fearful

I heard the players themselves would prefer it to stay here. That's gotta hold some sway surely?

no - the players will play wherever they are told- its money thats going to make this decision!!!

Well O'Sullivan does not like Sheffield,I think he would prefer the WC be set in London,as he said the other night he would not have been bothered if he had lost,well that say's it all.I was changing my views on him thought he was growing up.I think Sheffield is the best place for the WC it is like Wembley an institution & good luck to Paul Hunter.

Originally posted by tosh13

Well O'Sullivan does not like Sheffield,I think he would prefer the WC be set in London,as he said the other night he would not have been bothered if he had lost,well that say's it all.I was changing my views on him thought he was growing up.I think Sheffield is the best place for the WC it is like Wembley an institution & good luck to Paul Hunter.

He must like Sheffield to a certain degree as he's good friends with Naz so i imagine he'll come visit quite regularly.

The problem is Sheffield is only a small venue which is no good for greedy sponsors.A 5000 seater venue will be no good for spectators at the back, they will need binoculars to see the table,whereas the Crucible is ideal only 1000 seats I believe.

But as has been said money rules.

decison is going to be announced any minute from the winter gardens!

It will remain in Sheffield for the next five years.Official