The Crown Inn, Totley - A Proper Pub!

there a many changes to the crown .try it and findout for yourselves.

what about the drinks prices? Isn't it too expensive?

no the prices are down !

£2.80 for carling, thats what i drink anyway.

To Strix - I'm not sure what signs you mean? - If you mean the rules one on the wall near the bar it's just a bit of humour, nothing serious, and I believe it might still be there.

there's one in the window too - something about not providing facilities for children

one which suggests people use the carpark instead of cluttering the road up outside wouldn't go amiss either :rolleyes:

Oh right I see what you mean. The lease that had been negotiated by the previous landlord means that the pub witholds a 14 years plus agreement. In answer to the car parking - if people want to leave their 80grand Merc parked on a small and fairly busy country lane then so be it! haha

Is it still doing Thornbridge Jaipur at a whopping £3 a pint?

It's never sold Thornbridge beer (or any other locally brewed beers come to that). You are probably confusing the Crown with the Cricket Inn, the gastropub round the corner.

Crown does the well known favourites such as Tetleys Bitter, Timothy Taylors Landlord, Fullers London Pride and Caledonian Deuchars IPA.

It's never sold Thornbridge beer (or any other locally brewed beers come to that). You are probably confusing the Crown with the Cricket Inn, the gastropub round the corner.

Crown does the well known favourites such as Tetleys Bitter, Timothy Taylors Landlord, Fullers London Pride and Caledonian Deuchars IPA.

Indeed I am; apologies to the Crown for the confusion. I know the one you mean now - it's the pub down the lane on the right just past the 97 bus terminus, isn't it? Not been there for quite a while, but it always used to be quite a civilised and relaxed place and surprisingly unpretentious for the Totley area.

Hopefully if all goes to plan, a Kelham Island beer will be appearing as a new guest ale - more than likely it will be 'Easy Rider.'

Prices of beers, wines and spirits have all been reduced so it is now in fact cheaper than the Cricket round the corner!

***NEW EVENING MENU LAUNCHING WITHIN NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS***

A decent pint of London Pride. More beer in the glass than before. £4.30 for a pint and a half. Not cheap. but trying