The Crown Inn, Totley - A Proper Pub!

Called in the Crown at Totley on Saturday night for a drink. Really nice, welcoming pub with a good clientele. Prices not out of the way either. Not sure about allowing dogs in the pub during food service though?

have the reduced the prices since the previous owner? they used to be sky high!, all about the big tree for me anyway big boozer all lads giving it big un footy beer women class

Called in the Crown at Totley on Saturday night for a drink. Really nice, welcoming pub with a good clientele. Prices not out of the way either. Not sure about allowing dogs in the pub during food service though?

What's your beef about allowing well-behaved dogs into a pub? So long as they stay on the floor there is no issue. The Crown has ALWAYS adopted a dog friendly policy, it's part of the tradition of being a local where you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere. My problem is with pubs that DON'T allow dogs, but that's their prerogotive, in my opinion this is another H&S gone mad attitude (so far as I am aware there is no legislation that puts a blanket ban on dogs in public places).

What's your beef about allowing well-behaved dogs into a pub? So long as they stay on the floor there is no issue. The Crown has ALWAYS adopted a dog friendly policy, it's part of the tradition of being a local where you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere. My problem is with pubs that DON'T allow dogs, but that's their prerogotive, in my opinion this is another H&S gone mad attitude (so far as I am aware there is no legislation that puts a blanket ban on dogs in public places).

I've nothing against dogs in pubs so long as they are kept on the floor and away from people eating. Not much to ask is it?

Why would someone want to take a dog in a pub, it's not a little person, it's not going to have a pint and tell a few jokes, it's just going to sit there shedding hair, being bored and smelling (probably), you might as well leave it at home. Do people take their dogs to the theatre or the cinema or to a restaurant ?

I will give this pub food a try, i just love homemade pies, see ya later :)

I've nothing against dogs in pubs so long as they are kept on the floor and away from people eating. Not much to ask is it?

You're in luck at the Crown then, the left hand side is dog-free - dogs only allowed on the right during food service times. Everyone's a winner.

Why would someone want to take a dog in a pub, it's not a little person, it's not going to have a pint and tell a few jokes, it's just going to sit there shedding hair, being bored and smelling (probably), you might as well leave it at home. Do people take their dogs to the theatre or the cinema or to a restaurant ?

My sentiments exactly, dogs like walks in the countryside etc, not sat under a table in a pub with a bowl of water? Never understood taking a dog to a busy market in 70 degrees of heat, getting under peoples feet, you're not telling me they enjoy it? Its all about the owners, not the animal! Mind you many of them are child substitutes, I even saw one with a pink tutu on at Skirlington Market.

Is the Crown Inn still open. The new Landlord & Landlady were very nice people. Good Beer & Good Food