And who's going to sort this out then ???

The demise of Forge dam and rivelin ponds alongside arbourthorne et al ?? everyone takes a swerve when it comes to saving our childhood places. its not up to me seems to spring to mind, yet a lot of us can remember the local pond or river wether it be for fishing or picnics or just a nice walk when we were kids and how much enjoyment we had from these places, yet, when these places fall into disrepair they get forgotten or sullied with the, they only attract yobbish behaviour now, or its full of needles, or im fed up with shopping trolleys being dumped.. blah blah blah... SHEFFIELD.. WAKE UP !!! the council are gonna do sod all, its up to us, the people that have memories of these places to act and it needs action now, or we are gonna lose these places to brown site developers.. thats my opinion based on the state of these places and it wont take a lot of effort to sort them out if people care.... DO YOU ???

I spent many a long barmy day dredging the Arbourthorne pond (top pond as we knew it then). There would be 10+ of us anglers turn up with old Gordon dishing the orders out.

No one ever asked us to do it but we all knew if we didn't then it would become un-usable within weeks.

I'm surprised i was never ill from swimming in it all those times.