New signing at Hillsborough

Howard wilkinson , job is to find potential investers for the club and create a football strategy for brian laws , whats that mean ?.

Why is he necessary if there is a takeover in the pipeline ,to be anounced march 1st ?. seems the supporters are being kidded to again .

Maybe he is the next manager and Laws is being pushed out .

Another 2 steps forward and 3 steps back for the owls .

From what is says on the club website it doesn't seem as though Brian Laws has any objections to his appointment.

Couldn't he get a job at B&Q they employ pensioners:hihi:

Howard wilkinson , job is to find potential investers for the club and create a football strategy for brian laws , whats that mean ?.

Why is he necessary if there is a takeover in the pipeline ,to be anounced march 1st ?. seems the supporters are being kidded to again .

is that what you really think or is that just wishfull thinking from a blade :suspect:

new chairman is a wednesdayite(and hes of the cross);) wilko is a wednesdayite laws imo is showing what a good manager he is the team are not doing that bad

if no takeover is anounced on march 1st so what

i for one have a lot of optimism about the club now more than i had a few months ago

onwards and upwards imo

nobodys kidding me fella

Howard wilkinson , job is to find potential investers for the club and create a football strategy for brian laws , whats that mean ?.Why is he necessary if there is a takeover in the pipeline ,to be anounced march 1st ?. seems the supporters are being kidded to again .

Wilkinson has been brought in to help out develop a long term football strategy for the club as Chairman Lee Strafford admitted that he hasn't got the footballing contacts (wilko has) he deems as necessary to push the club forward.

Speaking to the clubs official website, Strafford said:

"Howard brings with him a world class CV and will support myself and Nick Parker in developing the long-term strategy for the infrastructure of this football club.

"He is a very supportive person and this is a great move which adds value to everything we are doing. Howard will act as an adviser to the board as we figure out how to produce the infrastructure that will allow Brian Laws and Sean McAuley to best fulfil the potential of our football operations."

The new chairman is making swift moves to show the fans that he does have the interests of the club at heart and he is keen to move things forward.

With rumours of an EGM to discuss the share issue said to be around the corner it seems like interesting times are afoot for the club, players and fans of Sheffield Wednesday.

All in all a very positive move not in only in terms of the club itself but also to show the fans that Lee Strafford means serious business.

I for one am buzzin at the moment, something new seems to be happening every day of late and its all good!

Blimey. Thats an interesting one. Whats next? Pressman are manning the pie stalls & Hirst on the beer pumps?

In all seriousness though (and speaking as a United fan), the Wilkinson appointment looks like a very good move - in terms of business, investor attraction, motivation, and simple feel-good factor.

Credit where credits due.

Blimey. Thats an interesting one. Whats next? Pressman are manning the pie stalls & Hirst on the beer pumps?

In all seriousness though (and speaking as a United fan), the Wilkinson appointment looks like a very good move - in terms of business, investor attraction, motivation, and simple feel-good factor.

Credit where credits due.

talking of pie munchers -has fat paddy gone yet?

Wilkinson back in after 25yrs (unpaid), new Chairman looking for investment (in an unpaid role) and a takeover by investors that haven't been found yet to be announced on the 1st March.

Smack's of desperation to me but from a Wednesday fans point of view its better than what they had before.......well not in terms of having any money but having more unpaid employees.

Wilkinson back in after 25yrs (unpaid), new Chairman looking for investment (in an unpaid role) and a takeover by investors that haven't been found yet to be announced on the 1st March.

Smack's of desperation to me but from a Wednesday fans point of view its better than what they had before.......well not in terms of having any money but having more unpaid employees.

do you mind if i ask you why it sound desperate stocks

if only to have people who support Wednesday to be involved with the club and not some idiots who don't care its got to be a good move

better than having very highly paid players who are struggling to get you in the playoffs-

better than having very highly paid players who are struggling to get you in the playoffs-

they are not struggling mate they are well placed for the playoffs and good luck to them take the blue blinkers off and try to talk without bias