New arena in Leeds

I did a search and suprisingly no results so I just saw this on the news;

There are plans to built a 12,000 seater in Leeds out of public money and the Sheffield arena folk have objected to it apparently, they say they might loose £1,000,000 in revenue or something like that.

Thoughts?

I don't really care. I'll probably never go to the Leeds Arena anyway unless they have WWE there, smaller venue at only 12000 seats = cheaper prices.

Does Sheff have less than that?

The first thing that came to my mind was WWE aswell, maybe they'll do both, hope they don't boycott the arena.

Does Sheff have less than that?

The first thing that came to my mind was WWE aswell, maybe they'll do both, hope they don't boycott the arena.

Nope, Sheffield Arena has at least DOUBLE the Leeds one's 12000 capacity.

Really? I thought it was only about 10-12,000.

Really? I thought it was only about 10-12,000.

Hmm, just had a look and according to this the maximum seating is around 13,500 all in all.

Without sounding bias.........

I've live here in Sheffield all my 43 years and been a Leeds United fan...for a good 33 of those years........i've honestly seen Sheffield (my home city that i love) get overtaken by Leeds as a City (City Centre).....

Leeds has been crying out for a decent indoor venue for years.

It's a top night out with loads more to offer than Sheffield !!

Sorry folks !!

The Leeds arena will be exactly the same size as the Sheffield one.

The argument that is going on at the moment is that the Leeds arena, which however you put it will have an affect on the Sheffield arena and associated economy (hotels & facilities), is going to be partly funded by Yorkshire Forward - a development agency which is supposedly meant to advance the whole region. Basically the regional development agency for yorkshire would be funding a venture in one part of the region that would have an adverse affect on another part.

If Leeds get an arena then Sheffield can say goodbye to all the goods bands that frequently come our way.

Say no to Leeds Arena!

I did a search and suprisingly no results so I just saw this on the news;

There are plans to built a 12,000 seater in Leeds out of public money and the Sheffield arena folk have objected to it apparently, they say they might loose £1,000,000 in revenue or something like that.

Thoughts?

Sheffield Arena estimate that they will lose £1 million in revenue/turnover. What is this as a percentage of their total turnover?

I think there is probably room for both cities to have profitable arenas.

(Or for those people who say Fora, Arenae)

I probably would not bother travelling to Leeds, its okay if you work there but travelling there anywhere near rush hour - I'd rather gnaw my legs off.

NOt really bothered if Leeds, get an arena, but It should not be public funded, let the leeds Council Tax payers fund it as we funded ours, If they want one that bad let the people who live there pay for it. Its the same as the tram, they we going to get until the Leeds (Town HAll) found out that the government werent going to pay for it, they didnt bother, I have an idea why don the Council not down Elland Road, and build it there as they own that as well.