Privilege Thalambo let her stay

Just a question if she has been here 8 years, not allowed to work where has she lived and how has she surrvied.

NASS (National Asylum Support Service) (entirely separate from the benefits system, which asylum seekers have no access to, btw - I know there is a lot of confusion over that) has housed her family, in accomodation the council housing people won't use as it's too crap, and she has received supermarket vouchers to support her and two teenagers. No cash (for bus fares, phone bills, non-supermarket goods, etc). "Survived" is just about the right word for it.

@ Serapis

No no no, I was telling you why I believed she was from Zimbabwe, not that she insisted on coming to the UK because she already spoke English! You're getting tied up in knots :)

No, she has not been allowed to work for eight years. She's done some voluntary work at care homes, but she hasn't been allowed to earn her own living by doing the job she loves and is trained to do.

She is from Zimbabwe. She told me that, and as the only languages she speaks are English and Shona (Zimbabwean), and her husband was killed for being a member of the party in opposition to Mugabe, I believe her. A more detailed news report can be found here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-to-deport-zimbabwean-family-who-fled-mugabes-regime-1066094.html

hth

Here for eight years on a false passport. Not been allowed to work for eight years. Raised two kiddies, then aged 10 and eleven, for eight years. Managed to buy false passport and travel to the UK, presumably from Harare.

Three people, eight years, no income.

One obvious question - how?

I'm afraid that despite the Star's sensationalist statements and over use of the dramatic, I believe that the authorities are correct to try and deport her.

She entered the country using false documents and has tried to work the system - If she does't like getting deported then maybe she shouldn't have travelled 5000 miles to get the free money available in the U.K.

She gambled, she lost, unlucky.

Look she was desparate to leave and I can tell you many like her have been killed , have some sympathy for this woman you know nothing about this woman and whats she has been through all you see is us spending money on her and her family , well she is welcome to mine as i believe her to need that support.

Its cus of idiots like you that this country is in the state it is, if your that concerned why not **** off over there and help out ?

As for mugabe we could learn a few things from him and get things back on an even keel over here

Only as of late.....

... has tried to work the system

should read "has tried to work" :rolleyes:

Look, I'm happy to discuss genuine questions, but please read the thread and try and stick to facts?

should read "has tried to work" :rolleyes:

But as those who claim asylum cannot work until their leave to remain status has changed I'm guessing she got free money ....... Or did magic pixies bring that :rolleyes:

Here for eight years on a false passport. Not been allowed to work for eight years. Raised two kiddies, then aged 10 and eleven, for eight years. Managed to buy false passport and travel to the UK, presumably from Harare.

Three people, eight years, no income.

One obvious question - how?

exactly..if you or i were made homeless tomorrow with no income and no family or friends to support us where would we go ? i have no idea,but these illegals seem to sustain themselves,is there an underground network that we dont hear about ? or does the council make special provisions for such people ?

anyone coming here who has just cause goes through the proper system and they are judged on their merits, the illegal ones come here,go underground and when found call the system wrong...

we do not owe anyone a living from benefits unless they can prove they have a good reason to be here, but,the law says that any asylum seeker must go to the nearest safe country,so by being here they break international law and expect sympathy when caught out, knowing that the odds are ,the government may allow them to stay,but while their case is heard they will be looked after or let loose to go underground which means they can not claim benefits,that opens the door to crime so that they can sustain themselves as no one can live on nothing,without money you dont eat,you dont have a roof over your head so you dont exist for long, eight years is a decent length of time,so i wonder,just where did the income to keep her and her kids come from ?

should i just set up a macro to keep repeating "read post #37" ? Is reading a thread before you post your twopenn'orth on it too much to ask?