Teachers And Time

For an angel costume, I would get a white sheet and cut a hole in it. Put her head through so it hangs like a tabard and then just gather it in with a belt or some ribbon/gold cording. As for wings all I can think is either buying them from Claire's Accessories or using wire coat hangers with white tights stretched over them and add a sprinkling of glitter. Halo is easy - just put a bit of silver or gold tinsel round her head! :D

For an angel costume, I would get a white sheet and cut a hole in it. Put her head through so it hangs like a tabard and then just gather it in with a belt or some ribbon/gold cording. As for wings all I can think is either buying them from Claire's Accessories or using wire coat hangers with white tights stretched over them and add a sprinkling of glitter. Halo is easy - just put a bit of silver or gold tinsel round her head! :D

The costume is made and it was easy! All I did was yell "MUM"! and the OH was there with her needle and cotton, saw and vice or whatever it is mums use to make these things and in no time it was done! :D

Well they did it again!

My five year old started a new class a few days ago and we just recieved a letter informing us that they have swimming lessons on Monday and my kid needs a full costume, not a bikini, and a swimming hat.

We went to town today too and if they had sent that letter yesterday there wouldnt have been a problem, now we have to go to town again and hope someone still stocks kids swimming gear in the middle of winter!

NIghtmare Jabbers. I'd send a letter to the school telling them you need more notice in future.

We were duly informed in mid December that our girls would need a drawstring bag each ( must be drawstring as the pegs are too close together), a book bag (specifically!), a full PE kit (despite only being 3), a sports style bottle (which is a bit dubious), a pair of wellies (not an ideal - a full on advisory) and a full change of clothing (which is the only one which makes sense to me). That's for 2.5 hours a day at nursery. Pillocks.

Still, at least we got notice (never mind the remortgage required :) )

my 8 year old has just told me her class are swimming next week! Shes got no idea which day, and I've got no idea if her costume still fits! Jabbers - if you find anywhere that stocks it, let me know!

my 8 year old has just told me her class are swimming next week! Shes got no idea which day, and I've got no idea if her costume still fits! Jabbers - if you find anywhere that stocks it, let me know!

The OH scoured town today and came up with nothing! Then a shop assistant said that Lorus just MIGHT have some swimming costumes for kids in stock.

Lorus is a local charity shop here and they sell second hand clothes as well as new and fortunately my OH managed to persuade the assistant there to go to their stock room and hunt out a costume. She managed to get a new one but we would have had second hand at a pinch.

Then she asked if they have any swimming hats,,,, No chance!

Luckily one of my neices is around my daughters age so she`s going to lend her one.

Its the worst time of the year for stuff like this.

Are there any new costumes for sale on ebay? Just a thought as I know you can get stuff on ebay thats brand new and still has tags on.