Fave new cafe - Homemade at Nether Edge

Just wanted to recommend a new cafe/restaurant in Nether Edge. It's called Homemade (as I suggested in the title!) I've been lots of Saturdays and the food is FAB. It is veggie ... so no bacon butties for brekky but what they do is always so fresh and tasty. It's a little bit 'posh'! As well as lovely breakfasts they do yummy lunches and always have at least three or four salads to choose from which are little bit different.

One of the things I really like is they have cold bottles of tap water which they bring straight away. Now, I know that might sound odd but I think it's a nice touch.

No, I don't work there/own it/nor am I friends with the owners (two very friendly and chatty ladies, for whom nothing seems too much).

I just wanted to say go and try it as I've been very impressed every time I've been.

They also do Friday nights, BYO.

Right, I'm going to shut up now! I am really not involved in this place in any way!!!

I'll second this recommendation, so you don't look too suspicious samstar!

It's really nice in there. I'm normally a big meat fan, but really enjoy their food, and the coffee is great.

I will say this - it can get busy at lunchtime and they are very child friendly. Make of that what you will ;)

The people who run it are very friendly too. Don't all rush at once, or I'll never find a quiet five minutes :hihi:

Veggie!

VEGGIE!!

Please don't insult me, i need MEAT!!

Need it? Or think you need it? ;)

I'm not a veggie and I can do without meat for one meal, especially when it's fresh and homemade and delicious and generally great.

NEED IT!

lol

Ok ok i guess i could go without for one meal... may try it sometime!

Matt

I dog walk nearby and I have called last week for cake and water lol it was good and at least i have a 10 minute dry off befor the next dog.

I'd like to recommend Homemade café too, particularly to those of you who are vegan or veggie! For their 'Burger and Shake' nights on Wednesday's they have 4 different vegan Burger options (with wedges or two salads for £6.95) and a vegan shake for £2.50!

My friends and I went last week, there was 11 of us in total (all vegan) and they were really friendly and accommodating and the food was great. So good in fact that we're going again this week with an even bigger group! (Though you have to bare in mind that the place is small and can only hold around 20 people if you want to make a group booking).

Definitely worth a visit if you'd like to find out what good v*gan food can be like! :thumbsup:

Ok, so give us a clue as to where it is, then! :hihi:

Hi, it's on Nether Edge Road opposite side to Zed's, near Oxfam and the other shops on the cross roads.

I'd like to try this place. Where is it exactly? EDIT: Sorry, missed the post with the road name on! :)

I hope they have good ventilation!