Morgans challenge - mega thread ALL here.

dont give me that crap. i've stated my feelings more than once. i think posting on us having points deducted whilst a bloke is in hospital is at best rank.

let the dust settle lets here morgans explanation then judge. seems strange a thread started by a blade with good intentions as been taken over by wendy fans trying to score points. concentrate on your own problems you've more than a plate full.

no one on here likes a wind up more than me but having a pop when a bloke could have died is below the belt even for me. how many of you would have posted on the subject if it had nothing to do with united.

I also steted that utd shoudnt have points deducted and coudnt give a **** if its one of your players or not.What points is there to be scored by seeing the challenge he made and then commenting on it.Morgan cant have have an explanation for that challenge can he really.:confused::confused:

I also steted that utd shoudnt have points deducted and coudnt give a **** if its one of your players or not.What points is there to be scored by seeing the challenge he made and then commenting on it.Morgan cant have have an explanation for that challenge can he really.:confused::confused:

yes i know you did. i was talking about the bloke who said we might get points deducted. total garbage and wishful thinking.

it was a bad challenge but a challenge seen several times every saturday. just very unlucky for both players involved. naughton was lucky at hillsbro that he got no more than a black eye. and i'll say it one more time morgan deserved a red and i sincerly wish the bloke a speedy recovery.

are you trying to say morgan intended to kill him and is not allowed to explain his self. even in a court of law mate he's entitled to explain his self

I think it was accidental.

Morgs had his eye on the ball all the time and it was just an unfortunate accident. Had Hume not got the injury he had then I dont think as much would of been made of it. True Morgan is abit of a hothead but on this occasion its just a freak accident.

I think every blade knows what morgan is about and lets be onest he went to let him know "look you got me to deal with today kind of thing" but he went over the top and should have a ban simple as that !!

Theres no way this was accidental but saying that im 100% sure he never ment to do the damage he did

Have you got a link for it? I actually havnt seen a replay of it. :P

You don't need a link.

Just close your eyes and imagine Hulme jumping to head the ball and just as the ball arrives he gets wacked on the side of the head by Andrew Flintoff with a 10 kg cricket bat.

It was a disgraceful challenge-as bad as most that we have seen over the years and I suppose some people will say 'these things happen in football' and 'there was no real intent' but I'm afraid they won't convince me. Morgan did him !

Seen it on You tube, not a great video!! Morgan never takes his eyes off the ball, But he does lead with the elbow Knowing that he will be challanged. I don't believe he intended to cause Hume any such injury, just make his presence felt. He does have a "thug" reputation & i believe that is why HE has been on the recieving end of these challenge's before. This isn't his first incident like this but i hope it's his last. there's no place in football for elbows. All Owls should remember JJ's elbow was intentional too but luckely Naughton didn't recieve such injuries. Also Barnsley are only making a fuss since Hume was hospitalised. I don't remember Davey complaining about it in his post match interview??? I hope Hume makes a full recovery & isn't out for too long.

Seen it on You tube, not a great video!! Morgan never takes his eyes off the ball, But he does lead with the elbow Knowing that he will be challanged. I don't believe he intended to cause Hume any such injury, just make his presence felt. He does have a "thug" reputation & i believe that is why HE has been on the recieving end of these challenge's before. This isn't his first incident like this but i hope it's his last. there's no place in football for elbows. All Owls should remember JJ's elbow was intentional too but lookely Naughton didn't recieve such injuries. Also Barnsley are only making a fuss since Hume was hospitalised. I don't remember Davey complaining about it in his post match interview??? I hope Hume makes a full recovery & isn't out for too long.

exactly. i listened to davey's interview on the way home saturday he never mentioned the incident. just banged on about the penalty and his own sorry story about being sent off himself. hume took a turn for the worse over the weekend and davey saw a chance to have a further pop at us. very sad.

think with the money due from west sham were going to get a lot of this from other clubs sueing. they all want to stick their grubby fingers in the bramall lane pie.

i remember mick speight getting stretchered of at the sty on boxing day and wendys jeering him round the ground. seems its ok when it goes your way.

Is this the same as when Alan Quinn broke his leg in the derby at Hillsborough and you pig fans gave him abuse as he was stretchered past the away end?

I saw the Morgan challenge on TV last night.

Not nice.

He leads with his elbow, not his arm. The ball hasn't arrived so he isn't using his arm as part of the motion used to play the ball, and he doesn't jump (or even make to jump) so he isn't using his arm for leverage.

So what else is his elbow out at head height into the path of an oncoming opposition player?

I can't compare it to JJ's at Hillsborough as I haven't seen a replay of that one, but there were many blades who were very critical of JJ for that challenge.

Overall though, I think united were lucky to end up with 10 men - should have been 9. And if it had been 9, then you'd probably have gone on to lose. So all those that criticised the ref for 'losing us the derby at Hillsborough' should be thanking this ref for 'winning us the derby at Oakwell'.

I've now seen it about 15 times. Morgan glances to his right and knows Hume is coming for the ball. He gets himself in to prime position, and hammers Hume. The ref blows and Morgan lifts his arms up in 'innocent disgust'.

The ball was travelling at speed, and must have been around 15 yards away as the elbow struck. It was about 1 1/2 seconds after the elbow when Morgan heads the ball away.

The whole football world has condemned the 'challenge', but Blades fans still claim Morgans innocence. It was brutal and in my opinion pre-meditated, and a nailed on, indefensible, definite red card.

Just a thought... was Blackwell involved at the Lane when the 'Battle of Bramall Lane' took place? Does Blackwell's strategy involve maybe a tad too much aggression?

There are various Blades comments on this thread along the lines of 'Morgan never took his eye off the ball', 'Morgan's not a dirty player', 'Morgan is hard, but fair', and 'I don't think it was intentional' etc. I'm sorry, but either my telly's on the blink, or the fans saying these things must have blinked at the wrong time. To compare this challenge with JJ's elbow, or most challenges ever seen on a football pitch, is quite frankly bulls**t. This was almost WWF.

I hope Morgan isn't banned, as this would strengthen the United side! :hihi:

I hope Hume recovers 100% and much quicker than he, or anyone else expects. He was a legend at Leicester, and no footballer should end up in this condition. Accidents happen, yes, but .........

There have been horrific tackles where players have been 'done' in the past, but 99.999% have involved the players feet or legs. All career threatening tackles, and unfortunately, much more common than what Morgan did.

After saying all that, the 'challenge' didn't look bad enough to cause the damage it has done, and Hume is very, very unlucky to find himself with a fractured skull. Similar challenges have not had such a serious outcome.