Windscreen Condensation Question

As a non car owner, can anyone tell me do all cars still get windscreens misted up, even modern ones?

Secondly, if they do, I am wondering whether a `No Fog Mitt` might be worth getting someone as part of their xmas present. Price is 2 for 12.95.

The mitt is impregnated with anti fogging chemicals, also can be used on mirrrors, specs etc.

Any comments please.

As a non car owner, can anyone tell me do all cars still get windscreens misted up, even modern ones?

Secondly, if they do, I am wondering whether a `No Fog Mitt` might be worth getting someone as part of their xmas present. Price is 2 for 12.95.

The mitt is impregnated with anti fogging chemicals, also can be used on mirrrors, specs etc.

Any comments please.

An old trick is to put a light film of Fairy Liquid on the inside when it is dry. A lot of cars now though have heated windscreens.

I've never heard of this No Fog Mitt I regret.

My BMW drives me mad for misting over and steaming up. It gets even worse when I put the blower on. What's that all about?

I love the car - but this drives me mad.

the quickest way to clear the windscreen stagey, is to put the air con on across it - same temp inside as out solves the problem quickest :thumbsup:

The mit sounds like a peice of tat that will get used once.. You can probably get them in the pound shop.

Not all cars suffer, as mentioend some have geated screens and aircon will usually clear it quicky.

An old trick is to put a light film of Fairy Liquid on the inside when it is dry. A lot of cars now though have heated windscreens.

I've never heard of this No Fog Mitt I regret.

What would happen when you put the defrosters on then ?

A Chauffeur mate of mine treated his own personal car screen with something expensive that did a real good job at limiting misting but I cannot think what it was. If I can get hold of him I'll ask him and post it.

there's a product for stopping ski goggles from misting called Cat Crap or something

in my Focus the demister sometimes seems to make the screen mist up MORE rather than less - could this be due to the air con being on?

I've got a feeling selecting the demister automatically puts the air con on which in turn makes the screen mist up before getting rid of it again - could I be right!?

A Chauffeur mate of mine treated his own personal car screen with something expensive that did a real good job at limiting misting but I cannot think what it was. If I can get hold of him I'll ask him and post it.

My friend gave me what looked like a thin scratchy looking thing, something like you would scrub a cooking pot out with, I haven't dared try it yet, he's a school custodion and says they clean all the classroom windows with this.

My windows always fog up, the more I clean them the worse they seem to get :(

My BMW drives me mad for misting over and steaming up. It gets even worse when I put the blower on. What's that all about?

I love the car - but this drives me mad.

And I bet your car has a/c? Despite a/c being really good at clearing windows it also seems to mist up your windows if it's not on! Mine (in my old Mitsubishi) used to drive me crazy. I now have a Ford with a heated front windscreen :thumbsup:

in my Focus the demister sometimes seems to make the screen mist up MORE rather than less - could this be due to the air con being on?

I've got a feeling selecting the demister automatically puts the air con on which in turn makes the screen mist up before getting rid of it again - could I be right!?

it mists up before the air con manages to cool. It clears quickly when the air con reaches temperature

the reason misting takes place so quickly is that you're passing damp air across a surface that's cold, causing the water in the air to condense on the surface - which is how a dehumidifier works

once the cold air is passing across the cold windscreen, the temp is in equilibrium, so the problem resolves itself