Anyone know a cure for acne?

Sorry - forgot to quote and now it's too late!!

Cyclone - No, I mention it from painful personal experience! Also, my dermatologist told me to avoid sunbeds when taking any antibiotics... and this was backed up by the disclaimer in the sunbed place. It might just be on sensitive skin (aw poor me!), but I wouldn't recommend it. :)

ive tried all the different tablets from the docs and creams, im on the pill, and over the last 10 years ive tried everything u can buy in the shops! clearasil, clean & clear, oxy, stuff from the body shop, tea tree oil, all kinds of different cleansers and toners but i still got my acne!

iv just kinda grownto accept it as part of me thats not gonna go away! but im happy :D

Originally posted by x_LoUiSe_x

ive had bad acne since i was about 10, im now 20 and its no better.

i went to the doctors when i was about 12 about it and over the course of about 5 years i went through every drug and cream i could get, and nothing worked.

i used to get like you do, depressed and not wanting to leave the house but now ive learnt to overcome that.

i met a really nice guy who loves me for who i am and we have an 18 month old daughter.

spots ruined my teenage years but im not gonna let them ruin the rest of my life.

keep yer chin up, u might find sum tablets or cream that'll work for you and u might even grow out of it. i think most people who have bad acne when they are young tend to grow out of it.

even if you dont its not the end of the world like i found out. im really happy now and just hope you can be happy too. :)

Couldnt have put it better myself!

Originally posted by JonJParr

Shaving can make your skin even worse and make it raw to touch but the M-Shave should see to that. Also remember to change your blade every week - a lot of spots are caused by ingrown hairs caused by blunt blades.

... and sterilise your blade under boiling hot water before shaving.

try taking iron and copper suppliments and instead of stripping the oil from your sking making it more irritable -like i always used to do cleanse it with more natural products

I use Neal's yard flower water spray and rose oil

Oil i know sounds strange but in a week it made a huge difference

it is expensive £15 each but worth it the oil lasts forever had mine for 3 months and still loads left.

it is one of those things that makes you feel so different and envy those who have that wonderful fresh faced look but the more you do that the more you will hide yourself, stress and pick at those nasty blighters.

Be patient though and do take the advice of water plus sleep.

all the best

There used to be a product called BIACTOL when I was in need of 'treating' years ago. Don't know if it can still be bought but it worked for me & wasn't too expensive as OTC items go.

You will have to try different products though & see which one suits you personally. - Have you tried Tea Tree wash products?

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:0mGUljwGzpQJ:www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0015-0402-1209-5543_SM.jpg

;)

Boots have a line of products called tea tree and witch hazel which are excellent. They've really helped a couple of my friends who have had acne. I don't think they've completely got rid of the spots but they have stopped them getting as many and the ones they do get clear up a lot quicker. There's a cleansing lotion, moisturiser and night treatment gel. Hope that helps and try not to let it get you down, these things are never as noticeable to other people as they are to yourself :)

Increasing your zinc intake can help combat bad skin, either through food or vitamin supplements. Also your dotor can prescribe Zineryt (lol spelling might be off). Its a topical application. It's really good but you gotta persevere, you won't get results over night but it will improve your skin. Also it smells quite strong so just use it at night :)