Lowedges- in the 50s, 60s and 70s

My mother used to work at Wigfalls with Tony's mother Irene! I believe Tony had a sister called Pat? I went to the Bradway County school oppposite where you (mondeo blade) lived and then on to Jordanthorpe, firstly at the annexe in the village and later to the main school. Anyone remember the youth club run by a guy called John Fair?

I never lived opposite Bradway school i live opposite lowedges road school

I never lived opposite Bradway school i live opposite lowedges road school

The school infants/junior school on Lowedges Road was originally called Bradway County School, I've still got my school reports from a school of that name from the late 50's, when it orginally opened. The Lowedges Road name came in much later!

Hi Camelot, Remember me 'The Guy who lives in Essex' to Irene when you see her in Morrisons.

Hi inessex. Can't believe I bumped into Irene yesterday, haven't seen her for about a year. I mentioned you to her and she remembered you. Said to say hello

Hi Camelot, Blind Bob was Robert Douglas' dad. You must also remember Nurse "Jenks" too. In fact I'm sure there must be a few more people who remember her - she was the district nurse who, in her younger day, could be seen riding round the estate on her bike in her navy blue mac. She later worked at the health centre. Madge Burley now lives in Norfolk.

Does anyone remember the library being on the shops (before Greenhill Library was built)? Hills the fruit shop was next to it I think.

Hi Rozie, I remember Blind Bob and that he was Minnie's first husband. I also remember nurse Jenks very well. She was an inspiration, wouldn't like to guess how old she was when she finally retired. I'd heard Madge had moved to Norfolk, I think her youngest daughter moved down there first. I was in the same class as Lynne Burley. I also have fond memories of your mum.

I remember the Millers, about a dozen of them all with ginger hair weren't there? Lived in three bedroomed house on one of those roads off Atlantic Road? Wonder what happened to them, if I recall correctly the eldest one was in the St John's Ambulance? I used to know a Tony Sheldon who lived opposite the school! We moved up there in 1957 and I left Lowedges in 1976

I know Tony he was in my year. He still lives on Lowedges.

I know Tony he was in my year. He still lives on Lowedges.

You probably know me, I was in the same year as Tony too, my mother worked with Irene his mother, at Wigfalls on Rutland Road in the 60's/70's. I went from Bradway County to Jordanthorpe Annexe in the village and then on to the main school at Meadowhead. I lived in the maisonettes at the back of the shops/terminus. Not been back there for a few years!

Hi inessex. Can't believe I bumped into Irene yesterday, haven't seen her for about a year. I mentioned you to her and she remembered you. Said to say hello

Just Hello. Oh well I obviously didn't make much impact there;)

Just Hello. Oh well I obviously didn't make much impact there;)

She was actually quite impressed that you remembered her and the family and she did especially ask me to let you know that I'd seen her. Let me know if you have any further messages, apparantly her daughter has moved in round the corner from me so I'm bound to see her again at some point. ;)

You probably know me, I was in the same year as Tony too, my mother worked with Irene his mother, at Wigfalls on Rutland Road in the 60's/70's. I went from Bradway County to Jordanthorpe Annexe in the village and then on to the main school at Meadowhead. I lived in the maisonettes at the back of the shops/terminus. Not been back there for a few years!

I'd be surprised if I don't know you. We moved onto Lowedges in 1957 too. Give me a clue and I'll try and guess who you are.:confused:

I'd be surprised if I don't know you. We moved onto Lowedges in 1957 too. Give me a clue and I'll try and guess who you are.:confused:

I'll PM you

I think you might mean Kathleen Inkles and her sister Carole. Can't remember Rita Cheetham.

Rita Cheetham had a brother Keith, they lived in the terrace of three houses around the back from us! Next door to them the Loxleys with their son Rob and next door to them the Haley's. I remember the Inkles, didn't they live up near the fire station?

Rita Cheetham had a brother Keith, they lived in the terrace of three houses around the back from us! Next door to them the Loxleys with their son Rob and next door to them the Haley's. I remember the Inkles, didn't they live up near the fire station?

The Inkles live round the corner from me. I replied to your pm.