Lowedges- in the 50s, 60s and 70s

The Inkles live round the corner from me. I replied to your pm.

Never got the PM? I've PM'd you an email address

Johnh ... I worked in the chippy at the end of the shopping parade, we were going to take it over but it fell thru and at the time we leased maisonette down the road

Johnh ... I worked in the chippy at the end of the shopping parade, we were going to take it over but it fell thru and at the time we leased maisonette down the road

As I remember a woman owned it for years (can't think of her name) my sis worked there for a short time. In those days the portions were tiny compared to nowadays !!! most give enough chips for two :hihi:

I remember Kev , he was one of the White Hart regulars in our crowd , very quiet but anybody that knew him well knew you didn't upset him.He had always fancied my ex Jane who came from posh Bradway so I was told but she picked me lol.I always got on well with Kev and used to deliver his milk when I started my own round up on Low Edges.I recognise virtually all the names mentioned here I lived up there from age 1 in 1954 till around 88.

that will be kev hes my father inlaw not me dad sorry and my mother inlaw is marion green the u know was he a boxer ???? if so its him

Looking for the Selby family Sam and Pat,had three kids,two boys one girl.Last known address Gresley rd.(97?) Sam and i,used to work for Stanley Green forestry services Grimesthorpe.Selby's were living on Edmunds rd.previously to this and my girlfriend at the time-Minny Brooks and i used to babysit the kids,can't remember the kids names its been so long.anyone have any info at all?Grateful for anything. thanks.clydesdale

hi just come across this thread from 2006,and god theres names from the past. really took me back,does any body remember steve holmes who was born on the lowedges

hi just come across this thread from 2006,and god theres names from the past. really took me back,does any body remember steve holmes who was born on the lowedges

Yeah Steve was in my year at Jordanthorpe.

Think he went into banking? but that might be someone else.

dont think he went into banking.plenty of views not many posts tho

Your right, it was a lad off Gresley or Gervase that went into banking.... his name is on the tip...Grr :help:

I remember Steve well though, we were not mates as such but being in the same year I saw him most days.

Anyone remember Albert Johnson, is he still around Lowedges?

Heh, talk about nostalgic reading!!

Anyone know of an Angela Sage, married a guy called Nick? Old friends that I lost touch with when parents passed away. I lived off the same 'square' as Phil Morton. Talking of which..Lev Murray.. you out there?