Which of these is the most important lesson that life has taught you?

Which is the most important lesson life has taught you?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most important lesson life has taught you?

• You make your own luck
    • You only live once
    • Time heals all wounds
    • To forgive is harder than to forget
    • Faith is worth more than money
    • Happiness without virtue is impossible
    • Smile and the world smiles back
    • We are all God's children
    • Expect suffering in equal share as happiness
    • The only person you can depend upon is yourself
    • Trust nobody
    • Love conquers all

I voted for 'you make your own luck', as it is perfectly true.

Achievement in life is a hard slog.

'He who sits waiting for a lucky break to arrive will turn to stone in his chair.'

Sam Miguel, 2005.

Not surprisingly, the majority of you are voting for the one where the only person you can depend on is yourself.

This of course is rubbish: we all let ourselves down from time to time.

You only live once.

If I could go back in time, I would shout this at myself until I was hoarse. I have wasted so much time - worrying and being upset over ridiculous things, giving myself no peace, not allowing myself to just enjoy my life.

What for? To be afraid of life is to diminish yourself, and also those around you and those you care about. You are not being the person you were meant to be, not living the life you were born to live.

Life is short and time goes by much more quickly than you think it will when you're a teenager or in your early twenties - reach out and grab your chances as they come by - they may not come again. Make POSITIVE choices with happiness in mind, don't allow fear and negativity to rule your decisions.

I've learnt that life is for living - Embrace Your Life - it's the only one you've got (as far as we know!)

StarSparkle :)

I always used to be very pesimisstic about life and especially love, and my very firm motto was

Never trust anyone you will only get hurt.

Very very fortunately someone managed to slip by my non trusting radar and I fell madly in love with the most wonderful man, against my then better judgement.

I now know more than anything else that trusting and loving him is the most important thing in the world.

Yes people can hurt you and it may turn out that I get hurt from this but I would rather have just one day of this total trust and a thousand years of pain than never to have experienced it at all.