Anyone queuing up for new iPhone ?

Generally about 25% cheaper. But unless you're going there anyhow you'll end up out of pocket by about £700!

I am going! :thumbsup:

I am going! :thumbsup:

Good work! Cracking city - great nightlife, shopping and scenery. And the pound remains pretty strong against the HK$.

Can I install "MAME" on it and play old arcade games?

Does it now have a 5MP camera instead of the lousy 2MP one?

Can I use the tilt sensor to control various other gadgets?

Can i tilt it to navigate the menus?

I couldn't CARE less about all the latest gadgets, as I said on a thread last week, my new N95 has built in Sat Nav/GPS, but I know for a fact I'll never use it.

All I want is a phone that rings people up, sends texts, plays a few MP3s I put on it, and runs a few Java games.

So why spend all that on an n95, when you could have got something much cheaper that would still do all you listed above and more?

So why spend all that on an n95, when you could have got something much cheaper that would still do all you listed above and more?

You took the words right off my finger tips mate...

I didn't spend anything, the phone was free on a £20 a month contract.

If it's going to be that bad I doubt I'll get one although I was planning on it. :( I currently have the N95 and the only one better is the N95 8GB so there was no point in me upgrading until the new iPhone came out.

Think I'll wait a little longer until the rush is all over.

I didn't spend anything, the phone was free on a £20 a month contract.

But you could have gone on a cheaper contract, got a lower specced phone that will do all the mp3 player/java gaming gubbins, and saved yourself some money. Instead youre spending 20 quid a month on a phone that you wont make use of even half its features.

I have a Nok 6300 and am more than satisfied with its performance both in phone mode and music player mode. I think it's a banging phone.

Nope.

I'm happy with my N95 now that I've finally figured out how to use the thing.

the N95 rated better than the iPhone too :D

I have a Nok 6300 and am more than satisfied with its performance both in phone mode and music player mode. I think it's a banging phone.

And the built in radio is genius. Shame the batter is a little on the weak side and needs constant charging.

But you could have gone on a cheaper contract, got a lower specced phone that will do all the mp3 player/java gaming gubbins, and saved yourself some money. Instead youre spending 20 quid a month on a phone that you wont make use of even half its features.

A £20 a month contract is pretty low unless you have some loyalty discount. I pay £13 for my T-Mobile contract that I’m just waiting out until it ends as I have a company Blackberry Pearl. The Built in GPRS is awesome. I was using it to find the beach in Majorca last week and to direct me round the town I was in. Can’t fault them really.