Old dog new name?

zoboz111

Po po is an awful name. I used to dogsit a German Shepherd called 'Knickers' it was soooo embarassing. You'd take him to the park and it would be all 'Down Knickers, get down knickers'. Fortunately he answered to nicks too in the end.

:hihi:

When we got our first Staffie, I wanted to call him Fluffy. I just fancied being in the park and calling out Fluffy and having a a muscle-bound lump come running towards me!! Unfortunately, my partner wouldn't let me, so he ended up as Punch.

I've just got a rescue dog, don't know what his original name was, he was called Sonny in the kennels, but he's now Zeb and seems happy enough with it, especially since he usually gets a treat when he responds to it!!

Our last german shepherd was about 6 when we got him.

He had been found wandering the streets for weeks and taken to thornberry.

Knowing nothing about him he had no name, just the number 13, but the girl said she called him rebel. The name didn`t suit him so we called him"Sam" after the gsd before him.

Within a week of callin him sam he knew that was his name.

If you call an animal something fort long enough they will respond to it, whatever age they are.

Mt gsd "amber" responds to "bamber gascoine":huh:

and stewie the rabbit likes to be called "Doofuss":loopy:

Thank you all for your response's. Well i've decided to Call him.. Don't laugh...

Pe Pe Le Pew, Pe Pe for short, after the skunk in looney tunes. He seems to like it, as its close to his old name po po. Bless him, Pe Pe sounds better and fits in with Phobie and Lovie. (Just read that back, pe pe, po po, think i should spell it differently, Maybe Peppi ?

Thank you all for your response's. Well i've decided to Call him.. Don't laugh...

Pe Pe Le Pew, Pe Pe for short, after the skunk in looney tunes. He seems to like it, as its close to his old name po po. Bless him, Pe Pe sounds better and fits in with Phobie and Lovie. (Just read that back, pe pe, po po, think i should spell it differently, Maybe Peppi ?

Oooh I have a Peepee she is called that because of her pee'ing habits :suspect: (ok she is really called Feebee, but she don't know, she answers to peepee :hihi:).