Has Neil Diamond Ever Appeared In Sheffield ...

I was just wondering whether Neil Diamond had ever appeared in Sheffield? If so, would anyone who saw the concert care to share the experience?

Might Have at the Fiesta

I'm sure that he appeared at the Arena in 1999, I didn't go (not a fan) but, I do remember reading about it.

he appeared at the arena and did a concert in the round, 2.5 hours of non stop entertainment, absolute magic performer live !!1

he appeared at the arena and did a concert in the round, 2.5 hours of non stop entertainment, absolute magic performer live !!1

Went to the concert also. It was fantastic.

His last concert was 2002 at the arena , it was fantastic ,, worth every penny

i agree we went & we had a great night. would love to see him again.

Where is the 'arena' located and how big is it? I live in Australia and probably wouldn't be too much wiser if told but I'm still curious.

The first time that I saw Neil Diamond was at the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri in 1977. He was at his peak in both physical/vocal form as well as popularity at that time and I still remember how his performance impacted on me and others. I didn't come down to earth for a couple of weeks. Following the release of Hot August Night (1972) and subsequent albums ND became an enigma since few people had actually seen him perform live. He rarely, if ever, appeared on TV and was generally a recluse. Millions listened to his recordings and loved the songs but the man himself was nowhere to be found. Then he emerged around 1976 and, as they say, the rest is history.

Feel free to share more memories of the Sheffield Neil Diamond Concert.

I saw him at the Arena. I was at uni as a mature student and worked at the arena to earn a crust...he was brilliant! I got to sneak in and take a peak!! He brought his own stage which was a huge oval shape that turned round with his musicians sat inside it in the middle of the room. He walked round the whole thing so everybody could see him! A real showman. Saw him again 2 years ago in London..still has the magic!

been to see him twice at sheffield arena,about 10,000 both times,fantastic

yeah saw him in 1999 'in the round', was a fantastic show & altho he was looking greyer & a little older (aren't we all) he was on fine form & really worked the crowd ...............:clap::clap::clap: