Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Ive just moved to Gleadless town end. I have a two year old daughter and was wondering if anybody knows any parent and toddler groups I could take her to that are nearby.

Hi,

There is lovely gardening group on a Firday morning at Charnock Childrens centre. It is mainly just outdoor play but some of the toddlers help with planting some vegetables.

It starts at 9.30, hoever, it is not on this week due to the royal wedding bank holiday.

I have moved to Sheffield this week and would love for my little boy to ineract with other children. I'm in the Stannington/Hillsborough area. Can anyone give me any idea's please?

There is a centre on wood lane in stannington. Can't remember what it is called it is just down from shooters grove school.

toddler groups tend to be held in church halls or community centers try ringing stanninton infants school and ask for information on any local toddler groups

You can get a list from Sheffield Information Link, which I think has changed its name but someone on here will know. Hope you find Sheffield a friendly place to live :-)

p.s. when I was new to it all I sometimes found structured activity classes easier as there was something to focus on other than making conversation with strangers, though I did both and met lots of lovely people.

Edited by SamMT

just remembered space fun zone above co op in hillsborough have a toddler morning not sure which day it is but if your out and about in hillsborough just pop in and ask them, the church behind rawson (hillsborough tram stop) used to do a toddler morning not sure if still do as my kids are all school age now but again worth calling in, will let you know if think of any others

You could join this group

[email protected]

I am in stannington and have a two year old and a six month old. A lot of people on there arrange different things to meet up at parks or play centre.

The childrens centre on wood lane are called Shooters grove children centre if you ring them they will tell you what groups they are running. There is also a toddler group that meets at a church in the village but im not sure on any details but there is only two or three churches in the village so you could give them a call and see what they have there :)

hillsborough childrens centre have info packs which have a list of what is going on where in the area every day. I picked one up on wednesday....not got it on me at the mo but will try and post the info tomorrow

the childrens centre is attached to the primary school on leppings lane, the reception staff are lovely and will be more then happy to help....

sorry better late then never been run ragged with DS1 and 2 and ebaying stuff.

Mondays:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free) Took the boys here for the first time today and it was lovely. A great choice of toys, craft activities, snacks, music time and a cup of tea for mummy.

Wisewood Weenies (s6 4sb) 9-11.15am £1 per session. Waiting List.

Hillsborough Baptist church toddler group (s6 4jf) 10-11.30am 70p per sesson.

baby buggy parade (1.30-3pm) all good intentions to go to this when I had DS1 but never actually made it... perhaps with DS2 i will with it being summer

St. Polycarps church toddler group. Malin Bridge. 10-11.30am

Eskdale Toddler Group (le[ppings lane) 9.30-11am

Tuesday:

Kids and cuddles (s6 4he) 10-11.30am £1 per session may pop along tomorrow see what this is like

Mum and baby coffee moring and friendship group (s6 2nw) 10-12 Waiting list

Space Fun Zone (s6 4ha) 9.30-11.30am

Baby time (s6 4hd) 10.15-11.15am last tuesday of month.

Sacred Heart Toddler Group (s6 2nl) 10-12 £1 per session

Lose the blues (s6 4hf) 1-3pm

Wednesday:

Little owls toddler group (s6 4sd) 9-11am £1.50 session

Thursday:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free)

St. Johns parent and toddler group (s6 2nw) 10-11.30am and 1-2.30pm 60p per session.

Reach out parent and toddler group. (s6 2aa) 9.15-11.15am £1.50 session

Friday:

Malin bridge toddler group (S6 4WA) 9.30-11am £1 session

Marcliffe toddler group (s6 1) 9-10.30am £1 session

Saturday:

my dad and me time to play (s6 2tn) 11-1 FREE

there is also Jellytots in the city centre mondays, wednesdays and fridays (see sticky at top of page).

if you want any of the locations/ addresses for any of the above let me know, have put postcdes so you can get a rough idea of locations from google but DS2 due a feed in a minute so no time to write full addresses.

just posted on another thread but thought mummies in hillsborough may find this up to date list helpful:

Mondays:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free) Took the boys here for the first time today and it was lovely. A great choice of toys, craft activities, snacks, music time and a cup of tea for mummy.

baby buggy parade (1.30-3pm) all good intentions to go to this when I had DS1 but never actually made it... perhaps with DS2 i will with it being summer

St. Polycarps church toddler group. Malin Bridge. 10-11.30am

Eskdale Toddler Group (le[ppings lane) 9.30-11am

Tuesday:

Kids and cuddles (s6 4he) 10-11.30am £1 per session may pop along tomorrow see what this is like

Mum and baby coffee moring and friendship group (s6 2nw) 10-12 Waiting list

Baby time (s6 4hd) 10.15-11.15am last tuesday of month.

Sacred Heart Toddler Group (s6 2nl) 10-12 £1 per session

Lose the blues (s6 4hf) 1-3pm

Wednesday:

Little owls toddler group (s6 4sd) 9-11am £1.50 session

Thursday:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free)

St. Johns parent and toddler group (s6 2nw) 10-11.30am and 1-2.30pm 60p per session.

Reach out parent and toddler group. (s6 2aa) 9.15-11.15am £1.50 session

Friday:

Malin bridge toddler group (S6 4WA) 9.30-11am £1 session

Marcliffe toddler group (s6 1) 9-10.30am £1 session

Saturday:

my dad and me time to play (s6 2tn) 11-1 FREE

there is also Jellytots in the city centre mondays, wednesdays and fridays (see sticky at top of page).

if you want any of the locations/ addresses for any of the above let me know, have put postcdes so you can get a rough idea of locations from google but DS2 due a feed in a minute so no time to write full addresses.

Hi there

Im looking for a dance class for my 4.5 year old. All the ones Ive found have been quite formal and tend to be straightforward ballet or tap etc. We are really looking for a more informal dance class that offers a bit of variety and not leading to exams or badges. Can anyone help?

I have found a few of the type we are looking for but not any nearby...

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help as spent hours looking with no luck so far....

Thank you!