Wife of 21/7 bomber jailed for 15yrs...

Yeshi Girma the wife of one of the 21/7 failed bombers was given 15yrs detention in prison for her part in aiding her husband Hussein Osman in his attempt to kill innocents and subsequently went on to hide him and evade the police.

Considering the death of Jean Charles de Menezes shot by police might have been avoided and the potential disaster that would have ensued if the bombers were successful in their attempt.... do you think she was given a long enough sentence?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4123525.ece

Yes 15 years is more than enough for this crime.

I believe the sentence is wholly adequate and appropriate, with obvious 'deterrent' impact.

I can think of unrelated cases where wives have covered up/or lied for their partners and not received such substantial sentences. Maxine Carr received less than 4 years for covering up for Ian Huntley, admittedly after the commission of his crimes.

Well done on the judge for grasping this nettle and hopefully pouring weedkiller on it.

For once i agree with you this sentence is a good one, i think Maxine Carr recieved a lighter sentence incorrectly but she distanced herself from Huntly during the trial making it look as she was not fully culpable but recently if reports are to believed she actually writes to him and wants to visit him :suspect:

For once i agree with you this sentence is a good one, i think Maxine Carr recieved a lighter sentence incorrectly but she distanced herself from Huntly during the trial making it look as she was not fully culpable but recently if reports are to believed she actually writes to him and wants to visit him :suspect:

anybody "would" do "anything" in similer circumstances to recieve a "lighter" sentence?

pretend to have "changed"

pretend to be insane

grass up others

taken to believing in god

showing remorse

etc etc

..for once?? Isn't everything I post a paragon of common sense and clarity?! I thought everyone agreed with my version of limp lettuce, liberalism :hihi::hihi:

The Carr case was different mainly because her crime was aiding an offender after the event, so she couldn't have prevented Huntley doing what he did..but even if she had have been in that position, it's unlikely she would have received a 15 year sentence in any event.

your talking **** as usual

IF it WAS worse than why did maxine carr only get 4 years and not more than ian huntly?

and IF it was your wife that commited a crime youd be torn between grassing her up and your years of love for that person?

trouble with you is...you dont look at the full picture you just see one part of it....look deeper than the surface.

yes what she did was wrong, yes what they did was wrong, but 15 years IS MORE than most people do get for a similer "crime" is it not?

You need to read your initial response again.... now that is talking **** but nothing new.... I think Maxine Carr got off damn lightly. Both these women should have been given life.... no bigger picture, there is none.

..for once?? Isn't everything I post a paragon of common sense and clarity?! I thought everyone agreed with my version of limp lettuce, liberalism :hihi::hihi:

hey i had to feel my pulse and check my temperature when i realised i actually agreed with you :hihi:

..well the death penalty isn't still around, so what are your views on the sentence she received in light of that and compared to people who are found guilty of similar offences??

What a pity it still isn't around, because aiding and abetting the murders of 52 innocents (it could have been far more) is worthy of the death penalty in anyone's book. Had this been China, she would certainly have been executed.

hey i had to feel my pulse and check my temperature when i realised i actually agreed with you :hihi:

Cheers KJ, my blushing though is shortlived, as I realise you only agree because I've said something you were likely to agree with! :thumbsup:

Sounds to me as though you had already made your mind up before the point was made.... there's foresight for you.

Oh maybe you don't mind having the wool pulled over your eyes?

Is it any coincidence the inquest into the execution of de Menezes is underway?

From what I heard, the Met are turning on themselves in an effort to shift blame.

So... trundle out a bad guy (or gal) who had something to do with the events of 7th July and blame everything on them?

Yeah, that might work.

funny that.......yet again, numerous people agree with me to varying degrees and IM the one that is brain dead?

hmmmmm

and my post is braindead even tho i went almost as far as the op in saying she SHOULD actually get the 15 years as stipulated..........but braindead cos i didnt got he whole hog and demand death to her, her kids, her extended family, people she lives near, and her country of origin hmmmmm