Wife of 21/7 bomber jailed for 15yrs...

What a pity it still isn't around, because aiding and abetting the murders of 52 innocents (it could have been far more) is worthy of the death penalty in anyone's book. Had this been China, she would certainly have been executed.

Yes, but this isn't China and we don't have the death penalty!

China has it's own domestic problems, so you can hardly hold it up as some virtuous example of contemporary society because they have the death penalty..perhaps the fact they do is symptomatic of the problems they have in much greater measure to our own.

What a pity it still isn't around, because aiding and abetting the murders of 52 innocents (it could have been far more) is worthy of the death penalty in anyone's book.

You know, I was thinking along the same lines when our Labour government thought it would be great idea to invade liberate Iraq.

What a pity it still isn't around, because aiding and abetting the murders of 52 innocents (it could have been far more) is worthy of the death penalty in anyone's book. Had this been China, she would certainly have been executed.

By the way, it's rarely a good idea to go around executing terrorists or people that believe they're following some noble cause, howver mis guided it may appear to you and me.

It only serves to polarise the views of people from those communities and provide fodder for the terrorist recruitment sausage machine.

You know, I was thinking along the same lines when our Labour government thought it would be great idea to invade liberate Iraq.

..that's a good point JasonBourne..I wonder what firecracker and theRat think should be an appropriate penalty for Tony Blair and George Bush who orchestrated military action, without UN endorsement and has resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians??

..what's sauce for the goose eh?

..I wonder what firecracker and theRat think should be an appropriate penalty for Tony Blair and George Bush who orchestrated military action, without UN endorsement and has resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians??

...and led to those same 7th July bombings they mention?

funny that.......yet again, numerous people agree with me to varying degrees and IM the one that is brain dead?

hmmmmm

and my post is braindead even tho i went almost as far as the op in saying she SHOULD actually get the 15 years as stipulated..........but braindead cos i didnt got he whole hog and demand death to her, her kids, her extended family, people she lives near, and her country of origin hmmmmm

See mel.... look at your end quote.... you are implying that I drew attention to this case because she is from a foreign Country, well hell! most terrorists are in case you are not aware of that and in your first post post you started along the lines of here we go, hang em, flog em, well as it happens maybe we should....

Lets see how many people agree with me before you start spouting off how right you are.... its people like you that would see killers like that roam the streets.... that is why you are brain dead.

You always have to go over the top.... no one mentioned her family or neighbours, you are just being silly now as usual.

..that's a good point JasonBourne..I wonder what firecracker and theRat think should be an appropriate penalty for Tony Blair and George Bush who orchestrated military action, without UN endorsement and has resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians??

..what's sauce for the goose eh?

This is not about the Iraq war which I was against anyway this is about a sentence given to a terrorist trying to kill innocent Brits on Brit soil.... stop trying to deflect the debate and start one of your own if you don't like the topic.

...and led to those same 7th July bombings they mention?

I see what you are saying.... maybe you are right.... maybe we should just free them all, after all it was those innocents fault who may have been blown up for living in a Country that went to war in Iraq.

Did you stand at the end of the queue when the brains were given out?

I see what you are saying.... maybe you are right.... maybe we should just free them all, after all it was those innocents fault who may have been blown up for living in a Country that went to war in Iraq.

Did you stand at the end of the queue when the brains were given out?

Oh, your insults make me weep :cry: ... but your posts make me laugh :hihi:

I didn't say we should free the bombers. I was just intrigued as to the timing of the court cases, to coincide with and deflect attention from the de Menezes inquest.

You must try harder to stop putting words in other peoples mouths. You might get accused of lying again.

:)

This is not about the Iraq war which I was against anyway this is about a sentence given to a terrorist trying to kill innocent Brits on Brit soil.... stop trying to deflect the debate and start one of your own if you don't like the topic.

..calm down Rat, nothing's been said yet to justify mouth foaming.

The 2 things are connected, whatever you may think..although 2 wrongs don't make a right, which is why I agree with the sentence this offender has attracted and indicated so very early on in this thread.