Notre Dame High School in the 50s

No there were no boys at Notre Dame in the 50s. We did all we could to get access to the boys at De La Salle College. The library at Notre Dame had copies of Green and Gold - the De La Salle magaazine and we would gaze with longing at the photos of football and cricket teams!

No there were no boys at Notre Dame in the 50s. We did all we could to get access to the boys at De La Salle College. The library at Notre Dame had copies of Green and Gold - the De La Salle magaazine and we would gaze with longing at the photos of football and cricket teams!

My apoligies, it was De La Salle where my mates went. Both Hillsboro' lads. Not being RC, I'm not up with the schools.

• 9 months later...
Thanks to you both!! Yes of course it was Mrs Hickey. Remember her as dark hair and pretty. Do you remember the rather large Mrs Chappelle?

yes Mrs Chappell was a VERY big lady but she could make a rabble into a choir,

Miss Finn was the art teacher when I was at Cavendish St and I rmember Sr Gerard, Mrs Barefoot, Sr St John, Have a Form photo somewhere with Dympna, Marta, Catharine et al alongside me Lynne.

I think Miss Molloy took history and her friend Miss Greenwood took goegraphy or was it french.? They were young teachers at the time. Miss Molloy was quite tall. There was a Miss Feeley who took games.

Miss Jowett seemed ageless and I think spent most of her working life there and during my time resenting it.

hazel

• 2 weeks later...
yes Mrs Chappell was a VERY big lady but she could make a rabble into a choir,

Miss Finn was the art teacher when I was at Cavendish St and I rmember Sr Gerard, Mrs Barefoot, Sr St John, Have a Form photo somewhere with Dympna, Marta, Catharine et al alongside me Lynne.

Oh my goodness, are you Lynne Clarke? :cool: I'm Dympna Danaher, and my best friend at the time was Marta Anginotti. If you are Lynne Clarke, you used to hang out with Catherine Grainger (or Clancy Grainsweet as we sometimes called call her.) The two of you were from Dronfield with Moira Hempstock, and you were crazy about the Everyly Bros.

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada now. I lost my copy of that big photo taken in October 1959 (we were in Form II.) I'd LOVE to see that pic again. I'd also love to hear from you. How do I leave my email addy on this forum?

Mine was the 70's too I remember Sr Gertrude, Sr Mary Kathleen,Mrs Sargeant,Mrs Knowles, Mr Capps, Mr and Mrs Taylor - My aunt was there in the 50's Presume she would have left around 58/9 and funnily enough she now lives in Victoria BC.

Stunmom, Hector, and Gladys Clark, I was at Notre Dame from Sep. 1958-July 1963. I was always in the Arts (except for the 2nd and 3 yr when 2 Art was changed to Form 2). Sr. Mary was the Head of Cavvy, and Sr. Monica was the Head of Oakbrook. In the past year, I've been in touch with Stella Price who lives near me in Vancouver. We've had some fun meetings, and we also met up with Pamela McSporren when Pamela was visiting from the UK.